From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 05:57, 24 December 2017 by Ab1630 (+list of years)
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a section within the larger Timeline of the open access movement.
- 2000. The Cross-Archive Searching Service (ARC) is launched.
- January 2000. Henry Hagedorn resigned (to take effect in July 2000) as editor of the Archives of Insect Biochemistry & Physiology in order to launch the Journal of Insect Science. See Journal declarations of independence.
- February 2000. PubMed Central (free full-text articles) launched to supplement PubMed (free citations and abstracts). See these details on the history of PubMed Central.
- May 10, 2000. Tempe Principles For Emerging Systems of Scholarly Publishing issued.
- May 16, 2000. Collection of Open Digital Archives (CODA) launched by the CalTech Library System. (Named "Caltech CODA" in September 2002.)
- July 11, 2000. A United Nations Economic and Social Council ministerial declaration called for "universal access to knowledge and information" (Section 15).