This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
Special Thanks to:
- A most extra warm thanks to the Emily Hollowell Fund within the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Simmons College for funding the early days of this project. Without this funding this project may have never had the chance to develop and grow. And the same thanks for Dean Michele Cloonan V. and Assistant Dean Terry Plum who let us experiment with our little wiki and turn it into the major reference work that it has become.
- To our family and friends, who actually did not care about building a wiki, any wiki, but listened to us patiently, most of the time at least.
- Some fine folks who helped bring OAD to reality: Linnea Johnson, David Dwiggins, and Emma Markland, who contributed to OAD's beginnings
- Klaus Graf for starting the OAD's Disciplinary Repositories list.
- Charles Bailey for his willingness to move the body of the Open Access Bibliography to OAD for community updating, and the Association of Research Libraries for publishing the original bibliography.
- Arta Dobbs (University of Connecticut Health Center), Molly Keener (Wake Forest University Health Sciences), and P. Scott Lapinski (Harvard Medical School) for their contributions in creating the initial "Publisher policies on NIH-funded authors" list.
- Christine Borgman's students in UCLA IS200: Information and Society, for the wonderful contributions that they made to the bibliography section, we enjoyed them being part of our community.
- Dorothea Salo, who kindly began our Educational Materials on OA list, even though we were all in rush to get ready for Open Access Day.
- Heather Morrison for inspiring and building the original "Interviews and Profiles" list.
- John Brigham for designing the OAD logo.
- Ben Florin, our go-to-wiki-guy, who found the answers to life's technological problems. We owe you a pie and our deep gratitude.
- Jen Langley and Martha Mack for beginning the Open Educational Resources list.
- Jeff Strain for helping with the Timeline for 2009.
- Karen Meijer-Kline for helping with the list of OA book business models.