Lists maintained by others
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 11:03, 17 April 2017 by Jgautier (→A: Updated link to LIS journals "Author Agreements" report)
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of OA-related lists hosted and maintained by others, not by the Open Access Directory.
- Related lists on OAD: Wikis about OA.
- Alphabetical by list title.
- Author addenda. At the International Repositories Infrastructure wiki.
- Also see the OAD list of Author addenda.
- Bibliography of empirical studies on open access. A section within the Wikipedia article on open access.
- The effect of open access and downloads ('hits') on citation impact: a bibliography of studies. Maintained by Steve Hitchcock.
- Open Access Bibliography, ARL 2005. By Charles W. Bailey, Jr. On July 21, 2008, this work moved to OAD as the Bibliography of open access.
- Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography. Maintained by Charles W. Bailey, Jr. Here are the sections most relevant to OA:
- Open Access Journals Bibliography. Maintained by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.
- Transforming Scholarly Publishing through Open Access: A Bibliography. From Charles W. Bailey, Jr. First released September 2010.
- Bibliography on open access initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean A section within UNESCO-Global Open Access Portal-Latin America and the Caribbean
- Books (not individual OA books, but lists of OA books and lists of collections of OA books)
- Free Book Centre. OA science books.
- free literature. Includes a very large list of collections of OA books.
- Free Tech Books. Books in computer science and engineering.
- The Online Books Page. From John Mark Ockerbloom.
- Open Library. From the Open Content Alliance.
- Planet eBook. From Richard Crocker.
- Project Gutenberg. Public-domain books of all kinds.
- Also see the OAD lists of Publishers of OA books and OA book business models.
- Also see Textbooks below.
- Case studies (not individual case studies but lists of case studies)
- Case studies of campus-based publishing partnerships. From SPARC.
- Case studies of projects using CC licenses. From Creative Commons.
- Open access and central funds. From BioMed Central. Case studies of universities with funds to pay publication fees at fee-based OA journals.
- Repository case studies. From the Repositories Support Project.
- Also see the "oa.case..." tag libraries from the Open Access Tracking Project.
- Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network (CKAN). From the Open Knowledge Foundation. "A registry of open knowledge packages and projects (and a few closed ones). CKAN is the place to search for open knowledge resources as well as register your own."
- Data repositories. From DataCite, the British Library, BioMed Central, and the Digital Curation Centre.
- Developing country initiatives (not individual initiatives but lists of initiatives)
- Free Online Full-text Articles. Limited to journals published online with the assistance of HighWire Press. Maintained by Highwire Press, Stanford University.
- Funding agencies willing to pay publication fees at fee-based OA journals (not individual funders but lists of funders)
- Funding agencies with OA policies (not individual funders but lists of funders)
- Juliet, a database of funder policies from SHERPA.
- MELIBEA, a list of funder policies from Spain's Instituto de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos (IATA) within the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC). MELIBEA gives each policy a score based on its provisions. Also includes university OA policies.
- ROARMAP, a list of funder policies from EPrints. Also includes university OA policies.
- Summary of funding agency policies on open access, a comparative table of funder policies from BioMed Central.
- Glossary of Open Access Abbreviations, Acronyms and Terms. Maintained by SHERPA.
- Also see the OAD list of Acronyms about OA.
- Good practices for university open-access policies. By Stuart Shieber and Peter Suber. Version 1.0 launched October 17, 2012.
- Journals That Submit All Final Published Articles to PubMed Central. Maintained by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- OA in different countries
- National Open Access Desks. From OpenAIRE.
- OA in the European Union. From the DRIVER Wiki. Links to separate pages on 27 countries.
- OA in Non-EU Europe. From the DRIVER Wiki. Links to separate pages on 7 countries.
- OA outside Europe. From the DRIVER Wiki. Links to separate pages on 11 countries.
- Worldwide momentum for public access to publicly funded research. From the Alliance for Taxpayer Access. Apparently not updated since 2006.
- OA in different fields
- OAI Service Providers. Maintained by the Open Archives Initiative. For OAI data providers, see Open access repositories (below).
- OAKList. An Australian database on publisher policies on copyright and self-archiving. Maintained by The Open Access to Knowledge (OAK) Law Project. The OAKList is fully interoperable with the Project SHERPA List (see below).
- Online databases. A small list.
- Open access journals (lists covering all fields)
- Die Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (English version) (EZB)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). Limited to peer-reviewed journals.
- Directory of Open Access Journals in Japan (DOAJJ). Not limited to peer-reviewed journals.
- Jan Szczepanski's lists of open access journals. Not limited to peer-reviewed journals. Also here.
- Jan Sczcepanski's working list.
- List of open access journals. From Wikipedia.
- Nottingham Trent University list of Free E-Journals. Apparently not limited to peer-reviewed journals.
- OA journals with individual pages in Wikipedia
- University of Nevada Collection of Free Electronic Journals
- Open access journals (lists for individual fields)
- Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies. From Charles Ellwood Jones.
- OA journals in archaeology. From WikiArc.
- Free Full-Text Journals in Chemistry. Maintained by Alexander Ragoisha.
- American Educational Research SIG list of OA journals in education. Maintained by Tirupalavanam G. Ganesh.
- OA journals in educational technology. From George Veletsianos.
- JURN Directory. OA journals in the humanities. From JURN.
- OA journals in geoscience.
- Free Medical Journals. From Amedeo.
- Open Access Journals in Middle Eastern Studies
- Open access repositories (the major lists)
- Open data businesses. "Businesses making a good living with open data." From the Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Open data policies (not individual OD policies but lists of OD policies)
- Open educational resources (not individual OER but lists of OER).
- Academic Room.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE). From the U.S. Department of Education.
- OER Commons. From the Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education.
- OER Matrix. A Google spreadsheet for community updating. From Tom Caswell.
- OER Projects at English-Speaking Universities. From Jared Stein. (Background.)
- Online College Classes.
- Open Course Library. Developed by Washington State Colleges and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Washington State Legislature.
- Open Database of Educational Projects and Organizations (ODEPO). From Creative Commons.
- Open Educational Resources Center for California. From Foothill College.
- Open Educational Resources. From the Development Gateway Foundation.
- Open Educational Resources. From the Internet Archive. Contains videos on lectures from many disciplines.
- Online College Courses.
- Open Educational Resources. From UNESCO.
- Also see the OAD list of OER repositories.
- Open Services. Services satisfying the open software service definition. From the Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Publication fees at fee-based OA journals (not individual fees but lists of fees)
- Publisher mergers (not individual mergers but lists of mergers)
- Publisher policies on self-archiving and copyright (not individual policies but lists of policies)
- Australian journal policies (OAKlist). From the OAK Law Project.
- Journal Policies - List of Publishers. From EPrints.
- Journals frequently used by Wellcome Trust grantholders: summary of publisher open access policies. From the Wellcome Trust.
- Publisher copyright policies & self-archiving (RoMEO). Maintained by Project SHERPA.
- Publishers allowing the deposition of their published version/PDF in Institutional Repositories. From SHERPA.
- Spanish journal policies (Dulcinea). From the Universities of Barcelona and Valencia.
- Also see the OAD list, Publisher policies on NIH-funded authors.
- Publisher policies on inter-library loan of electronic content. Maintained by the Interlibrary Loan Project at the Yale University Library.
- Publishers who froze subscription prices for 2010. Maintained by Ad Hoc Committee for Advocating Scholarly Communications at the Medical Library Association.
- Publishers of OA books (not individual publishers but lists of publishers)
- Publishers with hybrid OA journal programs (not individual publishers but lists of publishers)
- Publishers offering the hybrid open access option in their journals. Maintained at Wikipedia as part of the "Hybrid open access journal" entry.
- Publishers with Paid Options for Open Access. From SHERPA.
- PubMed Central Open Access Subset. Maintained by PubMed Central. All articles in PMC are gratis OA. This is the subset of articles which are libre OA.
- Repository support organizations, organized by nation. At the International Repositories Infrastructure wiki.
- Also see the OAD list of Services to support repository managers.
- Science databases. Maintained by Gary Price. Organized by field.
- Society publishers with OA journals. An Excel spreadsheet under a CC-BY license. Maintained by Caroline Sutton and Peter Suber.
- Software for repositories (not individual software packages but lists of software packages)
- Textbooks (not individual OA textbooks, but lists of OA textbooks and lists of collections of OA textbooks)
- Universities with OA policies (not individual universities but lists of universities)
- MELIBEA, a list of university policies from Spain's Instituto de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos (IATA) within the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC). MELIBEA gives each policy a score based on its provisions. Also includes funding agency OA policies.
- ROARMAP, a list of university policies from EPrints. Also includes funding agency OA policies.
- University lectures (not individual lectures, but lists of lectures; free online audio and/or video)
- University copyright policies (not individual policies, but lists of policies)
- University Copyright Ownership Policies. From the Creative Commons Open Education project. (A wiki-like format allows users to add new policies.)