This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of acronyms commonly used in discussing open access.
- It's enough to supply the phrases for which the acronyms stand, without further definition. You may include a short annotation if there is no link available.
- APC. Article processing charge. Also called a "publication fee" (with no acronym).
- CC. Creative Commons. And so on for the various CC licenses, such as CC-BY for "by" or attribution; CC-NC for no commercial use; CC-ND for no derivative works; CC-SA for share-alike; and some combinations like CC-BY-NC-ND and CC-BY-NC-SA.
- ETD. Electronic theses and dissertations.
- FLOSS. Free/libre and open source software. Sometimes FOSS.
- IP. Intellectual property. Also IPR, intellectual property rights.
- OAJ. Open access journal.
- OER. Open educational resource(s).
- PSI. Public sector information.
- SSH. Social sciences and humanities (as fields of study). Sometimes HSS.
- TA. Toll access. Commonly used as the opposite of OA.