Blogs about OA
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 06:28, 30 March 2016 by Sridhargutam
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is list of blogs which focus largely on open access.
- Please indicate the blog's author or primary authors. When its primary language is not English, please indicate what it is.
- If a blog is no longer updated, move it from the active blog list to the discontinued blog list.
- Related lists in OAD: (1) Discontinued blogs about OA, (2) Discussion forums, (3) Social media sites about OA
- "Access Denied?": Fighting for the 'Right to Open Access' (RSS feed) . A student-run blog inspired by the Right to Research Coalition.
- Ann's Blog. "My Musings on Open Science and Public Engagement."
- Archivalia: Category Open Access (RSS Feed). From Klaus Graf. In German.
- Contains also entries in English on Open Access: English Corner
- Author Rights Model License Language (RSS feed for news/updates to the blog) (RSS feed for comments about the language)
- Blog do Kuramoto. From Hélio Kuramoto. In Portuguese
- communs / commons / comuns / comunes (No RSS feed). The blog associated with the Public Domain Manifesto. In French.
- DataUp (RSS feed). From the University of California Curation Center (UC3) and the California Digital Library.
- DuraSpace Blog (RSS feed). From Carissa Smith, Carol Minton Morris, and Valorie Hollister at DuraSpace.
- Free US ETDs (FUSE). "Promoting Open Access to American graduate research". From Gail Clement.
- A Hacker's View: Open Access, Digital Publishing, and Academic Writing (RSS feed). From Andrea Hacker.
- Huddersfield Open Access Publishing (RSS feed). From the Huddersfield Open Access Publishing project, which is part of the JISC Digital infrastructure programme.
- I Love Open Access "Arguments for Open Access to Research Results".
- Informationsplattform Open Access (RSS feed). In German. A joint project of the Universities of Bielefeld, Goettingen, Constance, and the Free University of Berlin.
- Iniedigital (RSS feed) Education Research Institute (INIE)Journal Actualidades Investigativas en Educación University of Costa Rica. In Spanish. From Isabel Jara Quesada and Alejandro Vílchez Barboza.
- L’édition électronique ouverte (RSS feed). "The open electronic publishing blog." From Marin Dacos and others at the Centre pour l'édition électronique ouverte (CLEO). In French.
- Lever Initiative (No RSS feed). Investigating open access in American liberal arts colleges for The Oberlin Group.
- Libertas Academica (RSS feed). "Open access journals, science, and the publishing business." From Libertas Academica, the OA journal publisher.
- Liber-Libre[ http://erinclupp.wordpress.com/feed/ (RSS feed)]. From Erin Clupp, librarian, archivist and bookbinder.
- LOCH. Lessons in Open Access Compliance for Higher Education. (RSS Feed). From Dominik Tate, University of Edinburgh.
- Medimise.com. (No RSS feed.) "Open Access Medical Research and Health News". Anon.
- NARAtions (RSS feed). "A Blog about Online Public Access to the Records of the U.S. National Archives."
- Netzwerk von Open-Access-Repositorien (RSS feed). From the Deutsche Initiative für Netzwerkinformation (DINI). In German.
- The New Open Access (NOA) for journal publishing industry (RSS feed). From Reza Farrahi.
- Open Access India Building Open Access Movement in India.
- OA Good Practice Pathfind Project - Bath (RSS feed). Reporting on the JISC-Funded Project run by the GW4 partnership between the University of Bath, University of Bristol, Cardiff University and University of Exeter.
- OASCIR (RSS feed). "Building an Institutional Repository for the University of Khartoum's Faculty of Science." From Pablo de Castro and Rania Baleela.
- OER Research Hub (No RSS Feed). From Patrick McAndrew, Martin Weller, Robert Farrow, and Beck Pitt.
- OJS Latin America (RSS feed). "Regional news and information about Open Journal Systems." From Open Journal Systems.
- Omega Alpha Open Access (RSS feed). "Advocate for open access academic publishing in religion and theology." From Gary Daught.
- Open Access - Making Sense (RSS feed). Associated with the JISC OA pathfinder project and Oxford Brookes University.fope
- Open Access to Scientific Communication (RSS feed). From Hans Dillaerts and Helene Bosc. In English and French.
- Open Folklore (No RSS feed). From the Open Folklore Project, including Julie Bobay and Timothy Lloyd.
- Open Syllabus Project (No RSS feed). Created using a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- openfigures (RSS feed). Compiled figures and images from open access papers from Public Library of Science (PLOS).
- OpenAccess@StAndrews. From St Andrews University Library.
- Openining Scholarship. (RSS feed) "Voices from the South." From Laura Czerniewicz, Eve Gray, Michael Paskevicius, Ed Rybicki, Shihaam Shaikh, and Michelle Willmers.
- Opening Science (RSS feed). From the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) in Berlin.
- Open-STEPS (No RSS feed?). From Alex Corbi and Margo Thierry.
- The OpenScience Project (RSS feed). From Dan Gezelter and others, focusing on free and open-source scientific software.
- Open Access @ CUNY (RSS feed). "Highlighting open access efforts across the University". From librarians at the City University of New York.
- Open Access Anthropology (RSS feed). From Kerim Friedman, Alex Golub, Kambiz Kamrani, and Christopher Kelty.
- Open Access Blog. In Dutch.
- Open Access & Open Data (RSS feed). From The Central Medical Library of the University Medical Center Groningen in the Netherlands.
- Open Access in Hannover (RSS feed). "Informationen und Veranstaltungen über Open Access in Hannover." In German.
- Open Access i Sverige "Kungliga bibliotekets blogg för alla som arbetar med open access i Sverige." (RSS feed). From Kungliga Bibliotekeket, The National Library of Sweden. In Swedish.
- An Open Access Peon. No RSS feed? From Tim Brody.
- Open Access Publishing Blog. (No RSS feed?)
- Open Assembly Blog. Founded by Domi Enders.
- Open Data Forum Blog (No RSS feed). In Dutch.
- Open Electronic Publishing (RSS feed). From the OpenEdition platform, developed by the Centre for Open Electronic Publishing (Cléo, France).
- Open Glam (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums)(RSS feed). From The Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Open Humanities. From the Working Group on Humanities at the Open Knowledge Foundation. (No RSS feed?)
- Open Personalized Health Informatics (RSS feed). "Open Access + Open Code + Open Data = Better Family Health."
- Open Scholar C.I.C.. From a group of scholars, editors, and librarians working to improve scholarly evaluation and communication.
- Open Scholarship(RSS feed) "Promoting open knowledge and working practices within the University of Edinburgh". From The University of Edinburgh.
- Open Science dot com(RSS feed). A guide to Open Access publishing and Open Science. The blog is owned by De Gruyter Open. Most of blog posts by Witold Kieńć.
- Open Scotland: Promoting the Development and Adoption of Open Education Polices and Practices in Scotland. Started after the Open Scotland Summit.
- Open Students (RSS feed). "Student news from the OA movement." From the Right to Research Coalition.
- Opening Science (RSS feed). From The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG).
- Optimising resources to develop a strategic approach to Open Access (RSS feed). From Nick Woolley, David Young, and Ellen Cole at Northumbria University.
- SAS Open Journals (RSS feed). SAS = School of Advanced Study, University of London. From Peter Webster.
- Sauropod Vertebra Picture of the Week (SV-POW!) (RSS feed). Although this blog started out as pure palaeontology, it's now a 50-50 blend of sauropods and open-access advocacy.
- Scholarly Open Access (RSS feed). "Critical analysis of scholarly open-access publishing." From Jeffrey Beall.
- Scholar Blog (RSS feed). From the KUBIS Center for Scholarly Communication at the University of Copenhagen. In Danish.
- Scientific Data Sharing Project. No RSS feed? From the Data Sharing Project, launched by Michael Weiner.
- Scinoptica (RSS feed). From Ulrich Herb. "Science consulting, open access, scientific publishing, open knowledge & open science." Partially in German language.
- Share Anthropology (RSS feed). "Sharing and disseminating open access anthropology." From Kerim Friedman.
- SHERPA Services Blog(RSS feed). "Opening Access to research". From JISC, The Joint Information Systems Committee.
- Sociology of Science and Open Access. From Luis-Reyes Galindo.
- SONEX (Scholarly Output Notification and Exchange) blog (RSS feed). From the JISC-funded SONEX project.
- UCR publicaa (RSS fedd). From the Latindex Project Representatives at the University of Costa Rica. In Spanish.
- UJDigispace (RSS feed). "Institutional repository and scholarly communication." (UJ = University of Johannesburg.) From Matizi.
- UK Council of Research Repositories (RSS feed). From Jenny Delasalle, Mary Robinson, and the committee of the UKCoRR.
- Universo Abierto (RSS feed). From Biblioteca de la Facultad de Traducción y Documentación de la Universidad de Salamanca (Spain). In Spanish.
- Utah Open Textbook Project. "Determining the Cost Effectiveness and Educational Effectiveness of Open Textbooks." From Brigham Young University.
- VIKAS PSOAR (RSS feed). Pharmaceutical Sciences Open Access Resources: Vikas PSOAR and Vikas PGIAR. From Vikas Anand Saharan, Mahesh Kataria, and Vipin Kukkar.
- WissPub.net (RSS feed). From Heinz Pampel, Cornelius Puschmann, Nils Windisch, and Robert Forkel. In German.