From Open Access Directory
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of discussion forums (mailing lists, listservs, etc.) centered on OA issues or where OA discussions are frequent and welcome. It also includes OA-related networking groups with discussion components. The list does not include Twitter feeds.
- When possible, indicate whether the forum is moderated and, if so, by whom. If the list is not primarily in English, please indicate the primary language.
- Alphabetical order.
- Accès ouvert. Moderated by Christine Berthaud, Jean-Christophe Peyssard, Jean-François Lutz, Marin Dacos, Pierre Mounier. In french.
- Altmetrics. A Google Group moderated by Jason Priem.
- BOAI Forum. The forum associated with the Budapest Open Access Initiative. Moderated by Iryna Kuchma.
- California Electronic Theses and Dissertations (CAETD) Interest Group. Its listserv is by invitation only.
- CARPET Forum. From the CARPET (Community for Academic Reviewing, Publishing and Editorial Technology) project.
- CopyrightandA2Kinfo. From Denise Nicholson.
- Digital Humanities Questions & Answers. From the Association For Computers And The Humanities.
- Also see the discussion threads tagged with "open access".
- Digital Repository Federation ML. from Digital Repository Federation, a federation, which aims to promote Open Access and Institutional Repository in Japan.
- Economics of Open Access. Moderated by Alastair Dryburgh.
- fcforum. The Free Culture Forum (FCF) from the Charter for Innovation, Creativity and Access to knowledge.
- Global Open Access List (GOAL). Moderated by Richard Poynder.
- This list is the successor to the American Scientist Open Access Forum, which ran from 1998 until 2011, and was moderated by Stevan Harnad.
- Indian Open Access Forum. "A forum for achieving Open Access in India."
- IP-OA Forum. "Expertenforum für die von der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft geförderte Informationsplattform Open Access." In German.
- IRtalk. "To discuss, communicate, share information on all open access and institutional repositories related issues in Africa and South Africa."
- JISC-REPOSITORIES. "For general, cross domain issues" about repositories.
- Lista Latinoamericana sobre Acceso Abierto y Repositorios. Google group. In Spanish.
- Nordic Open Access Publishing Project (NOAP). In Swedish and English.
- OAC-General. Google Group.
- Open Access and Information for Development. Unmoderated?
- Open Access India. Google group, launched in July 2011.
- Open_Access_Journals. A moderated Yahoo group.
- Open Case Law. Google group. Unmoderated?
- Open Data Ireland. Google Group.
- Open Journal System interessenetværk. On OJS and OCS, from the Nordic OxS User Group. Mostly in Danish, with some Swedish, Norwegian, and English.
- Open Knowledge Foundation Lists. The Open Knowledge Foundation runs several discussion lists related to open access. See in particular:
- ok-berlin - local list for Berlin, DE
- ok-cam-announce - local list for Cambridge, UK
- ok-edinburgh - local list for Edinburgh
- ok-london-announce - local list for London, UK
- ok-ox-discuss - local list for Oxford, UK
- okfn-discuss - for discussion of open knowledge related activities, projects, etc.
- okfn-fr - local list for France. In French.
- open-access - "A list to discuss issues surrounding true open access"
- open-archaeology - a list for those interested in open data in archaeology
- open-companies - A list for those interested in open data about companies
- open-heritage - a list for people interested in open data and open content in the cultural heritage sector.
- open-legislation - a list for people interested in tracking legislation in a transparent fashion.
- open-literature - discussion of the Open Shakespeare project and "open literature" in general
- open-philosophy - a list for those interested in open philosophy texts
- open-science - general discussion list for open science.
- open-science-ox - a list for open science in Oxford
- open-sustainability - a list for open sustainability
- open-transport - A list for those interested in open data about transport
- openbiblio-dev - open bibliographic tools and data developer list
- opendesign - the open design and hardware discussion list
- pd-calculators - for discussion of public domain calculators project
- OS-Repositorios is a forum on institutional repositories in Spain and OA issues, in general. Administered by Reme Melero. To subscribe the list send an email to <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.REDIRIS.ES> with the message 'Subscribe OS-Repositorios Name Surname' in the body of the message.
- OUseful.Info (RSS feed). "Trying to find useful things to do with emerging technologies in open education." From Tony Hirst.
- Ozeprints. On OA archiving developments in Australia. Moderated by Belinda Weaver. To subscribe, send an e-mail to <email@example.com> with the message 'subscribe ozeprints' in the body of the message.
- Peer to Peer Foundation Researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices
- REPOMAN-L. A list for repository managers.
- SPARC Open Access Forum (SOAF) from SPARC. On OA developments broadly construed. Moderated by Stacie Lemick.
- SPARC Subject Repositories Forum. From SPARC. Moderated by Jessica Adamick, Julie Kelly, and Rebecca Reznik-Zellen.
- WSIS Follow-up: C3 - Access to Information and Knowledge. From UNESCO.
- WSIS OA Knowledge Community. From UNESCO.