From Open Access Directory
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of discussion forums (mailing lists, listservs, etc.) centered on OA issues or where OA discussions are frequent and welcome. It also includes OA-related networking groups with discussion components. The list does not include Twitter feeds.
- When possible, indicate whether the forum is moderated and, if so, by whom. If the list is not primarily in English, please indicate the primary language.
- Alphabetical order.
- Related lists in OAD: (1) Discontinued discussion forums, (2) Blogs about OA, and (3) Social media sites about OA.
- Accès ouvert. Moderated by Christine Berthaud, Jean-Christophe Peyssard, Jean-François Lutz, Marin Dacos, Pierre Mounier. In french.
- Altmetrics. A Google Group moderated by Jason Priem.
- BOAI Forum. The forum associated with the Budapest Open Access Initiative. Moderated by Iryna Kuchma.
- California Electronic Theses and Dissertations (CAETD) Interest Group. Its listserv is by invitation only.
- CARPET Forum. From the CARPET (Community for Academic Reviewing, Publishing and Editorial Technology) project.
- CopyrightandA2Kinfo. From Denise Nicholson.
- Digital Humanities Questions & Answers. From the Association For Computers And The Humanities.
- Also see the discussion threads tagged with "open access".
- Digital Repository Federation ML. from Digital Repository Federation, a federation, which aims to promote Open Access and Institutional Repository in Japan.
- DPLA Open Ebooks. Mailing list moderated by Kenny Whitebloom, Rachel Frick, and Michelle Bickert.
- Economics of Open Access. Moderated by Alastair Dryburgh.
- eIFL - Open Access program announcement and discussion list. Moderated by Iryna Kuchma, from eIFL.
- fcforum. The Free Culture Forum (FCF) from the Charter for Innovation, Creativity and Access to knowledge.
- Global Open Access List (GOAL). Moderated by Richard Poynder.
- This list is the successor to the American Scientist Open Access Forum, which ran from 1998 until 2011, and was moderated by Stevan Harnad.
- IP-OA Forum. "Expertenforum für die von der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft geförderte Informationsplattform Open Access." In German.
- IRtalk. "To discuss, communicate, share information on all open access and institutional repositories related issues in Africa and South Africa."
- JISC-REPOSITORIES. "For general, cross domain issues" about repositories.
- Lista Latinoamericana sobre Acceso Abierto y Repositorios. Google group. In Spanish.
- National Information Standards Organization: oa-indicators-info Mailing List Home.
- NZ AU Open Research. Google group in connection to New Zealand-Australia Open Research (NZAU Open Research). Posting limited to group moderators.
- OAC-General. Google Group.
- OpenAccess-be Discussion List. Moderated by François Renaville, Gwen Franck, and Inge Van Nieuwerburgh in connection to Open Access Belgium.
- Open Access Digital Libraries. Yahoo Group. Moderated.
- Open Access India. Google group, launched in July 2011.
- OpenAccess Mailing List - Wikimedia. Moderated by Andrea Zanni, Lane Rasberry, and Pete Forsyth.
- Open Access Publishing - The Research Cooperative. Established by Peter J. Matthews. Moderated.
- International Open Access Week Groups. Network of 100+ International Open Access Week sub-groups spanning a wide range of themes with varying levels of group activity.
- open-contentmining. Moderated by Jenny Molloy, Katelyn Rogers, and Peter Murray-Rust.
- Open Data Commons Discuss List. Connected to Open Knowledge Foundation project Open Data Commons, moderated by Jordan S. Hatcher.
- Open Data Ireland. Google Group.
- WSIS Knowledge Communities: Open Educational Resources (OER). Moderated by Abel Caine and Lydia Liu.
- Open Journal System interessenetværk. On OJS and OCS, from the Nordic OxS User Group. Mostly in Danish, with some Swedish, Norwegian, and English.
- Open Knowledge Foundation Lists. The Open Knowledge Foundation runs several discussion lists related to open access. See in particular:
- ok-berlin - local list for Berlin, DE
- ok-cambridge - local list for Cambridge, UK
- ok-oxford - local list for Oxford, UK
- okfn-discuss - for discussion of open knowledge related activities, projects, etc.
- okfn-fr - local list for France. In French.
- open-access - "A list to discuss issues surrounding true open access"
- open-archaeology - a list for those interested in open data in archaeology
- open-glam - a list for people interested in open data and open content in the cultural heritage sector.
- open-humanities - "A list for people interested in the use of open source tools and open access in humanities teaching and research", moderated by Iain Emsley, James Harriman-Smith, and Sam Leon.
- open-legislation - a list for people interested in tracking legislation in a transparent fashion.
- open-science - general discussion list for open science.
- open-science-ox - a list for open science in Oxford
- ok-scotland - open knowledge and data in Scotland.
- open-sustainability - a list for open sustainability
- open-transport - A list for those interested in open data about transport
- openbiblio-dev - open bibliographic tools and data developer list
- opendesign - the open design and hardware discussion list
- OS-Repositorios. Listserv (in Spanish) focused on open access repositories administered by Reme Melero. Archive available.
- Open-science-nl. Moderated by Graham Steel and Egon Willighagen.
- OUseful.Info (RSS feed). "Trying to find useful things to do with emerging technologies in open education." From Tony Hirst.
- Ozeprints. On OA archiving developments in Australia. Moderated by Belinda Weaver. To subscribe, send an e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the message 'subscribe ozeprints' in the body of the message.
- Peer to Peer Foundation Researching, documenting and promoting peer to peer practices
- /r/BestOfPublicDomain. Subreddit. Moderated by whatswiththesefrogs et al.
- /r/creativecommons. Subreddit. Moderated by nuotone, elliotharmon, mindspillage, and robmyers.
- /r/csbooks. Subreddit. Moderated by roger_. "...computer science textbooks that have been released online for free by their authors/publishers."
- /r/econbooks. Subreddit. Moderated by roger_. "...economics textbooks that have been released online for free by their authors/publishers."
- /r/eebooks. Subreddit. Moderated by roger_, DownloadableCheese, and Basuhball. "...electrical/computer engineering textbooks that have been released online for free by their authors/publishers...".
- /r/Foamed. Subreddit. Moderated by Henipah et al.
- /r/FOANed. Subreddit. Moderated by granolapher.
- /r/JScholarPublishers. Subreddit. Moderated by JScholarJournals.
- /r/mathbooks. Subreddit. Moderated by roger_. "...mathematics textbooks that have been released online for free by their authors/publishers."
- /r/mooc. Subreddit. Moderated by idontlikebacon.
- /r/moocs. Subreddit. Moderated by onebit.
- /r/OpenAccess. Subreddit. Moderated by cambrian44.
- /r/openaccesspapers. Subreddit. Moderated by derjames.
- /r/openanthro. Subreddit. Moderated by kerimfriedman.
- /r/openculture. Subreddit. Moderated by SolidLiquid2.
- /r/opendata. Subreddit. Moderated by mcantelon and RA_Fisher.
- /r/opendata_pt. Subreddit (in Portuguese). Moderated by keynesiano, hgg, psenough, and luluganeta.
- /r/Open_Science. Subreddit. Moderated by ScienceOpen, protohedgehog, colditzjb, and jmdugan.
- /r/OpenScience. Subreddit. Moderated by jbphysreddit, thecandle, jmdugan, and MrGunn.
- /r/physicsbooks. Subreddit. Moderated by roger_. "...physics textbooks that have been released online for free by their authors/publishers."
- /r/Public_Domain. Subreddit. Moderated by pddepot.
- /r/publicdomain. Subreddit. Moderated by epicRelic et al.
- /r/reviewpapers. Subreddit. Moderated by gfursin.
- /r/utsepress. Subreddit. Moderated by utsepress.
- SciTech -- Tech Implementations for Open Science. Moderated by Victoria Stodden and Sheila Miguez.
- SPARC Open Access Forum (SOAF) from SPARC. Google group. On OA developments broadly construed. Previously hosted as email list, archive available.
- SPARC Subject Repositories Forum. From SPARC. Moderated by Jessica Adamick, Julie Kelly, and Rebecca Reznik-Zellen.
- Stockholm Open Science. Google group. Unmoderated.
- WSIS OA Knowledge Community. From UNESCO.