Difference between revisions of "Services to support repository managers"
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 05:39, 3 February 2012
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of online services to help repository managers share experiences, ideas, tips, solutions, and best practices.
- Related lists on OAD: (1) Discussion forums, (2) Free and open-source repository software, (3) Wikis about OA.
- AuseAccess wiki. Launched by Arthur Sale. For repository managers in the Australasian region.
- Building a Digital Repository Program with Limited Resources. A TA book by Abby Clobridge, Chandos Publishing, 2010.
- CAUL Australian Institutional Repository Support Service (CAIRSS). From the Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL).
- Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR). An international outgrowth of DRIVER.
- DINI Working Group Electronic Publishing brings together experts for repository-related issues and maintains an array of services such as the DINI Certificate for Document and Publication Services or OA Network which supports repositories in the certification process
- German Information Platform Open Access.net The platforms collects information, news and support material for several stakeholder groups of OA, including repository operators.
- Discussion lists:
- DRIVER Wiki. From DRIVER (Digital Repository Infrastructure Vision for European Research). DRIVER also hosts the Mentor program.
- Institutional Repository Communication Platform (IRCP). From the Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) and the Association of African Universities (AAU).
- Institutional Repository Community - ANZ. Launched by Alison Hunter. Primarily for repository managers in Australia and New Zealand.
- From JISC:
- Repositories Support Project.
- Digital Repositories InfoKit. Launched February 2010.
- JISCrte project. "The JISC Repositories: take-up and embedding projects (#JISCrte) aim to improve institutional services that rely on the repository by enabling take-up of the lessons and benefits from the most successful repository applications, tools and good practice."
- Kultur II Group. "Researchers and repository managers engaging with arts research deposit." From the Visual Arts Data Service (VADS), a Research Centre at the University for the Creative Arts.
- From SHERPA:
- Guidance & Advocacy Materials from SHERPA's Partners & Affiliates
- Repository Staff and Skills Set
- UKCoRR (UK Council of Research Repositories).