Difference between revisions of "Journals that converted from OA to TA"
From Open Access Directory
(→M: Materials Today)
(Annals of Global Health)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 11:26, 6 November 2018
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of open access (OA) journals that converted to toll access (TA).
- When possible, include the publisher and date of conversion, and indicate whether the journal converted from full or hybrid OA.
- Related lists in OAD: Journals that converted from TA to OA.
- Alphabetical by title.
- Annals of Global Health. Published by Elsevier, between 2014 and 2017 (inclusive). It converted to TA with optional hybrid in 2017. In 2018, the journal left Elsevier and was transferred back to the society.
- Bandung: Journal of the Global South, it will be converting to TA with optional per article hybrid-OA supported in January 2019 when it also switches from SpringerOpen to Brill Academic Publishing. This information was confirmed via email correspondence with the editor-in-chief 2018-09-27.
- BMJ. Published by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd., it converted to TA on July, 2004. Original articles continued to be freely available, while other articles (editorials, clinical reviews, debate sections) were available free of charge during the first week of the publication and then under subscription for the next 51 weeks. After a year the whole content became available free of cost. The journal converted back to OA on Open Access Day, October 20, 2008.
- Jenda: A Journal of Culture and African Women Studies. Published by the African Resource Center Inc.. It announced that it will convert to TA. As of April 20, 2009, the journal was still OA, publishing issues.
- Journal of Clinical Investigation. Published by the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, it converted to TA in January 2009. Original articles continue to be freely available.
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. Published by the Institute of Physics, it converted to TA in 2004.
- Journal of Visualized Experiments. It converted to TA in April, 2009. The journal continues to offer a hybrid OA option.
- Materials Today. Published by Elsevier, the journal started publishing in 1998. It converted to TA with optional hybrid in 2017.
- Meta Gene. Published by Elsevier, the journal started in 2013 as a fully open access journal. It converted to TA with optional hybrid in 2016 with some articles from Volume 9 (September) behind a paywall.
- New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development. Published by Wiley, it converted to TA in 20??. The journal was born OA, established in 1987 as 'New Horizons in Adult Education'. The journal changed name in 2005 to its current name 'New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development'.
- Plant Gene. Published by Elsevier, the journal started in 2015 as a fully open access journal. It converted to TA with optional hybrid in mid-2016.
- Sustainable Materials and Technologies. Published by Elsevier, the journal started in 2014 as a fully open access journal (evidence). It converted to TA with optional hybrid in 2016.