Journals that converted from OA to TA
From Open Access Directory
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of open access (OA) journals that converted to toll access (TA).
- When possible, include the publisher and date of conversion, and indicate whether the journal converted from full or hybrid OA.
- Related lists in OAD: Journals that converted from TA to OA.
- Alphabetical by title.
- BMJ. Published by BMJ Publishing Group Ltd., it converted to TA on July, 2004. Original articles continued to be freely available, while other articles (editorials, clinical reviews, debate sections) were available free of charge during the first week of the publication and then under subscription for the next 51 weeks. After a year the whole content became available free of cost. The journal converted back to OA on Open Access Day, October 20, 2008.
- Jenda: A Journal of Culture and African Women Studies. Published by the African Resource Center Inc.. It announced that it will convert to TA. As of April 20, 2009, the journal was still OA, publishing issues.
- Journal of Clinical Investigation. Published by the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, it converted to TA in January 2009. Original articles continue to be freely available.
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. Published by the Institute of Physics, it converted to TA in 2004.
- Journal of Visualized Experiments. It converted to TA in April, 2009. The journal continues to offer a hybrid OA option.