Implementation resources for the NIH policy
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 04:08, 3 February 2012 by Pontika
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of resources to help researchers and their institutions comply with public-access policy of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Related list on OAD: Publisher policies on NIH-funded authors.
Resources from the NIH itself
- The NIH manuscript submission home page. Don't overlook the links to online help.
- NIH manuscript submission tutorials Slides, video, and PDF.
Resources from library associations
- Michael Carroll, Complying with the NIH Public Access Policy - Copyright considerations and options, a white paper from SPARC, Science Commons, and ARL, February 2008.
- Institutional Compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy: Ensuring Deposit Rights, a webcast from ARL and NASULGC, March 7, 2008.
- Kevin L. Smith, Managing Copyright for NIH Public Access: Strategies to Ensure Compliance, ARL Bimonthly Report, June 2008.
- SPARC Author Rights discussion forum, moderated by Kevin Smith. From SPARC. A good place to ask and answer questions about compliance.
Resources from universities
- Washington University in St. Louis, Becker Medical Library and also here and here and flowchart for compliance here