Free and open-source repository software
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 08:49, 24 August 2016 by Kshawkin (→Repository software surveys: added resources from Stellenbosch University Library)
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of free and open-source software for OA repositories, especially for OAI-compliant repositories. When possible, include the name of the individual or organization behind it.
- Related lists in OAD: (1) Free and open-source journal management software, (2) Free and open-source tools for OA, (3) Services to support repository managers.
- Also see the lists of "Software for repositories" in Lists maintained by others.
- Archimede, Laval University Library
- DAITSS, Florida Center for Library Automation
- Dienst, Cornell Digital Library Research Group
- Enterprise-Wide Digital Repository and Archive, Sun Microsystems
- ETD-db, Virginia Tech University Libraries
- eXtensible Text Framework (XTF), California Digital Library
- Greenstone, New Zealand Digital Library Project, University of Wankato
- Invenio, CERN Integrated Digital Library System
- IRPlus, University of Rochester.
- Islandora, originally from the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Keystone Digital Library Suite, Index Data. DLS is no" longer being actively developed."
- MOAI. (Can't tell what "MOAI" stands for or who developed it.)
- MyCoRe. Collaborative software development at several german universities such as Universität Duisburg-Essen, Universität Jena, Universität Leipzig, Universität Rostock and others. "MyCoRe" is an acronym meaning My Content Repository.
- Omeka, Center for History and New Media, George Mason University
- OPUS. Originally from the Stuttgart University Library ("OPUS" stands for "Online Publikationsverbund Universität Stuttgart"), OPUS is now developed by a consortium of German university partners in Berlin, Dresden, Saarbrücken, and Stuttgart.
- PeerLibrary, UC Berkeley
- WEKO, National Institute of Informatics
- Zenodo from CERN; runs on Invenio (above)
Repository software wikis
Repository software add-ons
- Fedora Tools
- Fez, UQ eScholarship Project (Fedora)
- MOAI (Works with any OAI-compliant repository software)
- Muradora, DRAMA (Digital Repository Authorization Middleware Architecture) (Fedora)
- Projects Involving DSpace
- SWORD (Simple Web-Service Offering Repository Deposit) (Dspace, EPrints, and Fedora)
- jOAI Overview, Digital Library for Earth System Education
- mod_oai, Old Dominion University and Los Alamos National Laboratory
- OAI-PMH Tools
- OCLC Software
- OJAX: AJAX-powered Metasearch Service
- UMich OAI Toolkit, University of Michigan Libraries
Repository software surveys
- Repository Software Survey, March 2009 Repository Support Project
- List of Repository Software, a part of the Practical Guidelines for Starting an Institutional Repository (IR)