Difference between revisions of "Courses about OA"
From Open Access Directory
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
| [https://wiki.ubc.ca/Course:LIBR_559L_Issues_in_Scholarly_Communication Issues in Scholarly Communication]([https://perma.cc/6Z2P-644K perma.cc])
| [https://wiki.ubc.ca/Course:LIBR_559L_Issues_in_Scholarly_Communication Issues in Scholarly Communication] ([https://perma.cc/6Z2P-644K perma.cc])
| Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia
| Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia
Revision as of 13:49, 5 February 2020
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of courses about OA, in whole or part.
- The table can be sorted by course title, the person, organisation or project that offers the course, language, year or notes.
- New entries should be annotated with the dates they were taught if known.
- Related lists in OAD: Events.
- For real-time updates, some not yet reflected here, follow the oa.training tag of the Open Access Tracking Project. (This tag library is crowd-sourced, and you can make it more comprehensive by taking part in OATP.)
|Introduction to Open Education (perma.cc)||David Wiley, University of Texas||English||2007 -||-|
|Open Access Syllabus||Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia||English||2007||Course not offered anymore.|
|Issues in Scholarly Communication (perma.cc)||Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia||English||2008||Course not offered anymore.|
|FIS2309 - Design of Electronic Text||Joan Cherry, University of Toronto||English||2008||Course not offered anymore. Scroll: Essays in the Design of Electronic Text (student journal).|
|Seminar in Information Science: The Open Movement and Libraries||Ellyssa Kroski, San Jose State University||English||2008||Course not offered anymore.|
|LIS 457 Digital Publishing (perma.cc)||Robin Peek, Simmons College||English||2006 -||Course not offered anymore.|
|LIS 421 Social Informatics||Robin Peek, Simmons College||English||2006 -||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Source, Open Access, Open Education||Michael Peters, University of Illinois||English||2009||Course not offered anymore.|
|Social Media & Open Education||Alec Couros, University of Regina||English||2009||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Access: logiche e strumenti (perma.cc)||Elena Giglia, University of Torino||Italian||2010||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Access for Earth Scientists 2010 (perma.cc)||Ivo Grigorov, DTU||English||2010||One day webinar training will full support of European Institute for Marine Studies, UBO, France. Course not offered anymore.|
|Otwarta nauka (open science)||Bożena Bednarek-Michalska and Karolina Grodecka, Poland||Polish||2011||Online course full support of the Nicolaus Copernicus University Library, the AGH University of Science and Technology, and EIFL. Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Science: An Introduction (perma.cc)||Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2013||Course not offered anymore.|
|Intro to Openness in Education (perma.cc)||David Wiley, Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2014||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Research (perma.cc)||Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2014||Includes Open Access Publishing module. Course not offered anymore.|
|Introduction to Open Access||UNESCO||English||2015 -||81-page curriculum designed and written by experts from India, South Africa, etc.|
|Open in Action: The case for Open Access Publishing (perma.cc)||University of Adelaide||English||2016||In-person workshop. Course not offered anymore.|
|Curs Open Data Ambiental (perma.cc)||Col·legi d’Ambientòlegs de Catalunya (COAMB)||Catalan||2017||In-person course in Barcelona, Spain, about open data. Course not offered anymore.|
|Knowledge and Communication for Development||Leslie Chan, University of Toronto||English||2008 -||Recently taught in 2018.|
|MANTRA: Research Data Management Training||DCC, University of Edinburgh||English||2010 -||"Free online course for those who manage digital data as part of their research project."|
|Online-Kurs zu Open Educational Resources (COER18)||Sandra Schön, Martin Ebner||German||2017||Offered in 2017 and 2018. Based on COER13 2013. Hosted by iMooX platform; maintained by Graz University of Technology, Austria. "All iMooX learning materials are not only free of charge, but can also be reused."|
|Open Knowledge in Higher Education||University of Manchester||English||2015 -||Exploring themes of open knowledge in higher education.|
|Open Data Media||CFI, part of France Médias Monde||French and English||2016 -||Goal: "To get civil society more involved in debates on public policies by better harnessing open data" in Francophone Africa and elsewhere. Aimed at journalists.|
|ASIRA (Access to Scientific Information Resources in Agriculture)||Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Research4Life||English||2017 -||Goal: "Online course for low-income countries to enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science". Aimed at researchers, librarians, students|
|Building an Open and Information-rich Research Institution||Sarah Shreeves, Danny Kingsley||English||2017 -||Syllabus and bibliography. Part of FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute, San Diego, USA, 2017.|
|Making an Impact with Open Science||Michiel de Jong, TU Delft||English||2017 -||Produced as part of the OpenCourseWare online course.|
|Navigating the Sea of Scholarly Communications||Australian National University Library||English||2017 -||-|
|Open Data Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition||GODAN Action network (Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition)||English||2017 -||Curriculum. Goal: "Online course aims to strengthen the capacity of data producers and data consumers to manage and use open data."|
|Open Science MOOC||Jon Tenant||English||2017||Developed by volunteers.|
|Best Practices for Biomedical Research Data Management||Elaine Martin and Julie Goldman||English||2018||Hosted online by Canvas Network, of Instructure, based in Utah, USA.|
|Emerging Learning Technologies||Curt Bonk||English||2018||In-person course offered by Indiana University, School of Education. Highly detailed syllabus (known as "The Famed 'Monster Syllabus').|
|Master Class on Open Data Awareness Raising||Laura Meggiolaro and Lissette Mey. Land Portal, Netherlands||English||2018||Held at India Land and Development Conference (ILDC), New Delhi.|
|Open Reproducible Science (Psychology 9560B)||Lorne Campbell||English||2018||Online syllabus. In-person course taught at University of Western Ontario, Canada.|
|Education, Licensing and Copyright in the Digital World||Wayne Makintosh and Jim Taylor.||English||2018||Hosted by OERu, New Zealand.|
|Transparent and Open Social Science Research||Ted Miguel and Fernando Hoces||English||2018||Developed by Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS), University of California.|
|Designing successful Open Access and Open Data Policies: Introductory||Created by the FOSTER and PASTEUR4OA projects.||English||2016||Wikidata Q55452210|
|Online Course on Open Science||National Library of Finland||Finnish||2018||Coordinated by the National Library of Finland.|
|Use Open Data in Teaching||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||-|
|Open Science Basics for KU Leuven Library Staff||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||-|
|Assessing the FAIRness of Data||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||This course was developed as part of the Use (Open Research) Data in Teaching project (UDIT) which was initiated in 2017. The partner institutions in the project are Radboud University, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, and University of Amsterdam/Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit|
|Open Access to Publications in Horizon2020||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2016||-|
|What is Open Science?||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Best Practice in Open Research||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Managing and Sharing Research Data||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Source Software and Workflows||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Data Protection and Ethics||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Licensing||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Access Publishing||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Sharing Preprints||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Peer Review||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Use Open Data in Teaching||Created by the FOSTER project and Joy Davidson.||English||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Science and Innovation||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|The Horizon 2020 Open Research Data Pilot||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Open Science at the Core of Libraries||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Open Access to Publications in Horizon 2020||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2018||-|
|Introduction to Open Science||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Designing Successful Open Access and Open Data Policies: Intermediate||Created by the FOSTER and PASTEUR4OA projects.||English||2016||-|
|Integrating Open Science in Information Literacy Education||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Planos de Gestão de Dados no Horizonte 2020||Created by the FOSTER project.||Portuguese||2018||-|
|Research Data Management Librarian Academy||Created by several university libraries and Elsevier.||English||2019||-|
Current courses about OA
Last updated: July 2019.
- Knowledge and Communication for Development (IDSB10H3).
- MANTRA: Research Data Management Training.
- Online-Kurs zu Open Educational Resources (COER18).
- Goal: overview of OER theory and practice. Aimed at faculty, producers.
- In German.
- Instructors: Sandra Schön, Martin Ebner.
- Offered in 2017, 2018. Based on COER13, 2013.
- Hosted by iMooX platform; maintained by Graz University of Technology, Austria. "All iMooX learning materials are not only free of charge, but can also be reused."
- Open Knowledge in Higher Education.
- "Exploring themes of open knowledge in higher education. An open course module offered through Medium by the University of Manchester," UK.
- Began in 2015.
- OpenData Media.
- ASIRA (Access to Scientific Information Resources in Agriculture).
- Goal: "enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science."
- Aimed at researchers, librarians, students.
- "Online course for low-income countries delivered by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Research4Life."
- Began in 2017.
- Building an Open and Information-rich Research Institution.
- Making an Impact with Open Science.
- Coordinator: Michiel de Jong.
- Produced by TU Delft, Netherlands, as part of its online OpenCourseWare.
- Began in [2017?]
- Navigating the Sea of Scholarly Communications.
- Open Data Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition.
- Open Science MOOC.
- Best Practices for Biomedical Research Data Management.
- Emerging Learning Technologies.
- Highly detailed online 2018 syllabus (known as "The Famed 'Monster Syllabus'").
- Instructor: Curt Bonk.
- In-person course offered by Indiana University, School of Education.
- Master Class on Open Data Awareness Raising.
- Open and Reproducible Science (Psychology 9560B).
- Open Education, Licensing and Copyright in the Digital World.
- Developed by Wayne Makintosh, Jim Taylor.
- Hosted online by OERu, based in New Zealand.
- Began in 2018.
- Open Science Training Courses.
- Group of online courses addressing "some of the most common questions you might have about putting open science into practice. Each course takes about 1-2 hours to work."
- Includes: Best Practices; Data Protection and Ethics; Managing and Sharing Research Data; Open Access Publishing; Open Peer Review (OPR); Open Science and Innovation; OSS and Workflows; Sharing Preprints; What is Open Science?
- Produced by European project FOSTER.
- Courses available in English and Spanish.
- Began in 2018.
- Transparent and Open Social Science Research.
- "Explore the drivers of the social science credibility crisis and learn tools to make your own work more open and reproducible."
- Instructors: Ted Miguel, Fernando Hoces.
- Developed by Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS), University of California.
- Hosted online by FutureLearn of the Open University, UK.
- Began in 2018?
- Designing Successful Open Access and Open Data Policies: Introductory.
- Online Course on Open Science (click "Kirjaudu vierailijana" to login as guest)
- In Finnish.
- Coordinated by National Library of Finland.
- Began in [2010s?]