Courses about OA
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of courses about OA, in whole or part.
- Chronological order within each section.
Courses about OA
- Open Access and Scholarly Communication, by Robin Peek. First taught Summer 2011, then Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Fall 2013. Simmons College
- Open Access Class Syllabus, by Heather Morrison. First taught May 2007, University of British Columbia. Next class: May / June 2011.
- Topics in Scholarly Communications class LIBR 559L blog, by Heather Morrison. First taught January 2008, University of British Columbia. Next class May / June 2011.
- Seminar in Information Science: The Open Movement and Libraries, by Ellyssa Kroski. LIBR287-06/LIBR287-15. Fall 2008, San Jose State University.
- Open Access: logiche e strumenti, by Elena Giglia. Fall 2010, University of Torino. In Italian.
- Open Access for Earth Scientists 2010, by Ivo Grigorov. One day webinar training will full support of European Institute for Marine Studies, UBO, France (2 credits).
- Open Access for Global Climate Change Scientists 2011, by Ivo Grigorov. One day webinar training will full support of Graduate School at DTU-AQUA, Denmark (under negotiation for most appropriate way of insertion into the training catalogue).
- Otwarta nauka (open science), by Bożena Bednarek-Michalska and Karolina Grodecka, Poland. Online course full support of the Nicolaus Copernicus University Library, the AGH University of Science and Technology, and EIFL.
- (since 2011-)
- Open Access and Scholarly Communication, by Robin Peek. Course Proposal approved by the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Simmons College on November 16, 2011. Course number and inital offering pending.
Courses with significant units about OA
- Introduction to Open Education, by David Wiley. Fall 2007, University of Utah.
- FIS 2309, Design of Electronic Text, by Joan Cherry. Summer 2008, Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto.
- Scroll: Essays in the Design of Electronic Text (the student journal)
- LIS 457 Digital Publishing, by Robin Peek. Regular Offering. Simmons College.
- LIS 421 Social Informatics, by Robin Peek. Regular Offering. Simmons College.
- Open Source, Open Access, Open Education, by Michael Peters. University of Illinois.
- (No direct link to the course, and no date on the catalog. However, it was listed among "current courses" in March 2009.)