This is a working page for the OAD lists. Currently working on Courses about OA.
Add in the beginning in the scope notes: I'd add an paragraph near the top explaining why we're not using chronological order, and asking users to annotate courses with the dates when they were taught, if known. Note: (course not offered anymore).
|Introduction to Open Education||David Wiley, University of Texas||English||2007 -||-|
|Open Access Syllabus||Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia||English||2007||Course not offered anymore.|
|Issues in Scholarly Communication||Heather Morrison, University of British Columbia||English||2008||Course not offered anymore.|
|FIS2309 - Design of Electronic Text||Joan Cherry, University of Toronto||English||2008||Course not offered anymore. Scroll: Essays in the Design of Electronic Text (student journal).|
|Seminar in Information Science: The Open Movement and Libraries||Ellyssa Kroski, San Jose State University||English||2008||Course not offered anymore.|
|LIS 457 Digital Publishing||Robin Peek, Simmons College||English||2006 -||Course not offered anymore.|
|LIS 421 Social Informatics||Robin Peek, Simmons College||English||2006 -||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Source, Open Access, Open Education||Michael Peters, University of Illinois||English||2009||Course not offered anymore.|
|Social Media & Open Education||Alec Couros, University of Regina||English||2009||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Access: logiche e strumenti||Elena Giglia, University of Torino||Italian||2010||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Access for Earth Scientists 2010||Ivo Grigorov, DTU||English||2010||One day webinar training will full support of European Institute for Marine Studies, UBO, France. Course not offered anymore.|
|Otwarta nauka (open science)||Bożena Bednarek-Michalska and Karolina Grodecka, Poland||Polish||2011||Online course full support of the Nicolaus Copernicus University Library, the AGH University of Science and Technology, and EIFL. Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Science: An Introduction||Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2013||Course not offered anymore.|
|Intro to Openness in Education||David Wiley, Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2014||Course not offered anymore.|
|Open Research||Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU)||English||2014||Includes Open Access Publishing module. Course not offered anymore.|
|Introduction to Open Access||UNESCO||English||2015 -||81-page curriculum designed and written by experts from India, South Africa, etc.|
|Open in Action: The case for Open Access Publishing||University of Adelaide||English||2016||In-person workshop. Course not offered anymore.|
|Curs Open Data Ambiental||Col·legi d’Ambientòlegs de Catalunya (COAMB)||Catalan||2017||In-person course in Barcelona, Spain, about open data. Course not offered anymore.|
|Knowledge and Communication for Development||Leslie Chan, University of Toronto||English||2008 -||Recently taught in 2018.|
|MANTRA: Research Data Management Training||DCC, University of Edinburgh||English||2010 -||"Free online course for those who manage digital data as part of their research project."|
|Online-Kurs zu Open Educational Resources (COER18)||Sandra Schön, Martin Ebner||German||2017||Offered in 2017 and 2018. Based on COER13 2013. Hosted by iMooX platform; maintained by Graz University of Technology, Austria. "All iMooX learning materials are not only free of charge, but can also be reused."|
|Open Knowledge in Higher Education||University of Manchester||English||2015 -||Exploring themes of open knowledge in higher education.|
|Open Data Media||CFI, part of France Médias Monde||French and English||2016 -||Goal: "To get civil society more involved in debates on public policies by better harnessing open data" in Francophone Africa and elsewhere. Aimed at journalists.|
|ASIRA (Access to Scientific Information Resources in Agriculture)||Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Research4Life||English||2017 -||Goal: "Online course for low-income countries to enhance the visibility, accessibility and usability of agricultural data and science". Aimed at researchers, librarians, students|
|Building an Open and Information-rich Research Institution||Sarah Shreeves, Danny Kingsley||English||2017 -||Syllabus and bibliography. Part of FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute, San Diego, USA, 2017.|
|Making an Impact with Open Science||Michiel de Jong, TU Delft||English||2017 -||Produced as part of the OpenCourseWare online course.|
|Navigating the Sea of Scholarly Communications||Australian National University Library||English||2017 -||-|
|Open Data Data Management in Agriculture and Nutrition||GODAN Action network (Global Open Data for Agriculture & Nutrition)||English||2017 -||Curriculum. Goal: "Online course aims to strengthen the capacity of data producers and data consumers to manage and use open data."|
|Open Science MOOC||Jon Tenant||English||2017||Developed by volunteers.|
|Best Practices for Biomedical Research Data Management||Elaine Martin and Julie Goldman||English||2018||Hosted online by Canvas Network, of Instructure, based in Utah, USA.|
|Emerging Learning Technologies||Curt Bonk||English||2018||In-person course offered by Indiana University, School of Education. Highly detailed syllabus (known as "The Famed 'Monster Syllabus').|
|Master Class on Open Data Awareness Raising||Laura Meggiolaro and Lissette Mey. Land Portal, Netherlands||English||2018||Held at India Land and Development Conference (ILDC), New Delhi.|
|Open Reproducible Science (Psychology 9560B)||Lorne Campbell||English||2018||Online syllabus. In-person course taught at University of Western Ontario, Canada.|
|Education, Licensing and Copyright in the Digital World||Wayne Makintosh and Jim Taylor.||English||2018||Hosted by OERu, New Zealand.|
|Transparent and Open Social Science Research||Ted Miguel and Fernando Hoces||English||2018||Developed by Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS), University of California.|
|Designing successful Open Access and Open Data Policies: Introductory||Created by the FOSTER and PASTEUR4OA projects.||English||2016||Wikidata Q55452210|
|Online Course on Open Science||National Library of Finland||Finnish||2018||Coordinated by the National Library of Finland.|
|Use Open Data in Teaching||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||-|
|Open Science Basics for KU Leuven Library Staff||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||-|
|Assessing the FAIRness of Data||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2019||This course was developed as part of the Use (Open Research) Data in Teaching project (UDIT) which was initiated in 2017. The partner institutions in the project are Radboud University, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, and University of Amsterdam/Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit|
|Open Access to Publications in Horizon2020||Hosted by FOSTER||English||2016||-|
|What is Open Science?||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Best Practice in Open Research||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Managing and Sharing Research Data||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Source Software and Workflows||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Data Protection and Ethics||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Licensing||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Access Publishing||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Sharing Preprints||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Peer Review||Created by the FOSTER project.||English, Spanish||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Use Open Data in Teaching||Created by the FOSTER project and Joy Davidson.||English||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|Open Science and Innovation||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2019||Part of the FOSTER Open Science Toolkit.|
|The Horizon 2020 Open Research Data Pilot||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Open Science at the Core of Libraries||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Open Access to Publications in Horizon 2020||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2018||-|
|Introduction to Open Science||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Designing Successful Open Access and Open Data Policies: Intermediate||Created by the FOSTER and PASTEUR4OA projects.||English||2016||-|
|Integrating Open Science in Information Literacy Education||Created by the FOSTER project.||English||2016||-|
|Planos de Gestão de Dados no Horizonte 2020||Created by the FOSTER project.||Portuguese||2018||-|
|Research Data Management Librarian Academy||Created by several university libraries and Elsevier.||English||2019||-|
Past courses about OA
- Introduction to Open Education, by David Wiley. Fall 2007, University of Utah.
- Open Access Class Syllabus, by Heather Morrison. First taught May 2007, University of British Columbia. Next class: May / June 2011.
- Topics in Scholarly Communications class LIBR 559L blog, by Heather Morrison. First taught January 2008, University of British Columbia. Next class May / June 2011.
- FIS 2309, Design of Electronic Text, by Joan Cherry. Summer 2008, Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto.
- Scroll: Essays in the Design of Electronic Text (the student journal)
- Seminar in Information Science: The Open Movement and Libraries, by Ellyssa Kroski. LIBR287-06/LIBR287-15. Fall 2008, San Jose State University.
- LIS 457 Digital Publishing, by Robin Peek. Regular Offering. Simmons College.
- LIS 421 Social Informatics, by Robin Peek. Regular Offering. Simmons College.
- Open Source, Open Access, Open Education, by Michael Peters. University of Illinois.
- (No direct link to the course, and no date on the catalog. However, it was listed among "current courses" in March 2009.)
- Social Media & Open Education, by Alec Couros. Fall 2009, University of Regina.
- Also see the Fall 2010 iteration of the course.
- Open Access: logiche e strumenti, by Elena Giglia. Fall 2010, University of Torino. In Italian.
- Open Access for Earth Scientists 2010, by Ivo Grigorov. One day webinar training will full support of European Institute for Marine Studies, UBO, France (2 credits).
- Open Access and Scholarly Communication, by Robin Peek. Course Proposal approved by the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Simmons College on November 16, 2011. Course number and inital offering pending.
- [Open Access and Scholarly Communication], by Robin Peek. First taught Summer 2011, then Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Fall 2013. Simmons College
- Open Access for Global Climate Change Scientists 2011, by Ivo Grigorov. One day webinar training will full support of Graduate School at DTU-AQUA, Denmark (under negotiation for most appropriate way of insertion into the training catalogue).
- Otwarta nauka (open science), by Bożena Bednarek-Michalska and Karolina Grodecka, Poland. Online course full support of the Nicolaus Copernicus University Library, the AGH University of Science and Technology, and EIFL.
- Began in 2011.
- Open Science: An Introduction. 2013, Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU).
- Intro to Openness in Education, by David Wiley. [2014?]. Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU).
- Introduction to Open Access.
- 81-page curriculum designed and written by experts from India, South Africa, etc.
- Produced by UNESCO and the Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA), India.
- Published in 2015.
- Open in Action: The Case for Open Access Publishing. 2016, University of Adelaide. In-person workshop.
- Curs Open Data Ambiental. 2017, Col·legi d’Ambientòlegs de Catalunya (COAMB). In-person course in Barcelona, Spain, about open data.