From Open Access Directory
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of wikis devoted to research fields or research topics.
- Related lists in OAD: Wikis about OA
- Organized by field, and alphabetical by title within each field.
- Agrowiki is an agricultural wiki which is a subsidiary of Agropedia - an “integrated model of digital content organization in the agricultural domain”. It is hosted and managed by Akvo, an open source Internet and mobile software developer that aims to make “international development cooperation and aid activity more effective and transparent.”
Biology / life sciences
- Also see medicine.
- BioWiki is a biology wiki. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. BioWiki and the "STEMWiki" library is directed by UC Davis Professor Delmar Larsen.
- Brede Wiki is a neuroinformatics wiki focusing on neuroimaging information. Most of the data in this wiki is from functional neuroimaging papers. It was launched in 2009 at Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling, / Technical University of Denmark.
- Galaxy is a wiki that focuses on computational biomedical research. It is part of a larger web-based platform called Galaxy Project.
- Whaleopedia is a guide focused on the study of "whales, dolphins and porpoises".
- Alchemistry.org is a wiki focused on "free energy calculations".
- ChemWiki is a chemistry wiki. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. It was created and is currently directed by Prof. Delmar Larsen at UC Davis.
- Molecular Wiki is a wiki focused on molecular mechanics.
- Quimimol is a Spanish language wiki focused on chemistry.
- UsefulChem is a wiki-based project focused on chemistry and the concept of "Open Notebook Science", working in connection to the Bradley Laboratory at Drexel University.
- The Digital Classicist is a wiki devoted to the application of humanities computing to research in the ancient and Byzantine worlds.
- Europeana Eagle Project is wiki devoted to Greek and Latin Epigraphy.
- Projet Volterra wiki is wiki devoted to Roman Law.
- Diplopedia is the internal wiki of the United States Department of State that focuses on issues of diplomacy.
- The Water Diplomacy AquaPedia Case Study Database is a freely accessed wiki database of water management and conflict case studies. It was launched in 2012 at Tufts University.
- GeoWiki is a geology wiki. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. It was created and is currently directed by Prof. Delmar Larsen at UC Davis.
- RePEc Biblio is a collaborative resource focused on economics operating in connection to RePEc (Reseach Papers in Economics).
- Bitcoin Wiki is a wiki focused on Bitcoin, a P2P currency.
- Stockopedia is a wiki on publicly-traded stocks and the stock market. It aspires to be "the toolbox that thinking stock pickers need to beat the market." NB: It's not free of charge except for a trial period. But we list it here because it's a research wiki.
- Open Access:Education is an education wiki.
- Thermal-FluidsPedia is a collaborative online encyclopedia focused on "thermal and fluids science and engineering".
- JurisPedia is a wiki devoted to international legal and political sciences. It is a collaborative project of multiple academic institutions.
- Law Wiki is a wiki devoted to issues of U.S. and international law. It was launched in 2007.
- Projet Volterra wiki is wiki devoted to Roman Law.
Library and Information Science
- Open Access Workflows for Academic Librarians (OAWAL) is a resource identified as a wiki/blog, focused on open access business plans and workflows in the context of libraries.
- OpenAIRE Guidelines are a collaborative resource outlining OpenAIRE guidelines for "publication repositories, data archives and CRIS systems".
- Glottopedia is a linguistics wiki. It has multiple language versions. It was launched in 2007.
- Electronic Literature: A HUMlab Workshop is a wiki focused on "electronic literature and open access publishing".
- Dispersive PDE Wiki is a wiki focusing on "non-linear dispersive and wave equations".
- The Encyclopedia of Mathematics wiki is an open access resource that contains over 8,000 entries on math-related topics. The original articles from the online Encyclopedia of Mathematics, published in 2002 by Kluwer Academic, are copyrighted. New articles and edits to existing articles in the wiki enjoy Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike licensing. Springer cooperated with the European Mathematical Society to make this content open to the public, and the MediaWiki site supports MathJax.
- Groupprops, The Group Properties Wiki is a wiki focused on group theory.
- MathWiki is a collaborative wiki that focuses on mathematics. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. It was created and is currently directed by Prof. Delmar Larsen at UC Davis.
- Polymath is a wiki dedicated to a series of "massively collaborative online mathematical projects".
- ProofWifi is a wiki based "compendium of mathematical proofs".
- StatWiki is a wiki about Statistics. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. It was created and is currently directed by Prof. Delmar Larsen at UC Davis.
- SMAC-wiki is a wiki containing excepts, reviews, and supporting information surrounding textbook "Statistical Mechanics: Algorithms and Computations" by Werner Krauth, including computer program based "supplements the pseudocode algorithms of the book".
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences® (OEIS®) Wiki is a wiki dedicated to The On-Line Encyclopedia of Enteger Sequences®.
- Tricki is a wiki focused on "mathematical problem-solving techniques".
- Wikiwaves is a wiki focused on the "mathematics of water waves".
- Also see biology / life sciences.
- Also see the list of of medical wikis maintained by HLWIKI International.
- CHDWiki is a wiki for geneticists, clinicians, and molecular biologists working on Congenital Heart Defects (CHDs).
- Medpedia was a wiki focused on open medicine working in connection to the biomedical community, ending in 2013.
- Physiopedia is a physiotherapy wiki.
- WikiDoc is a collaborative "open source website" focused on medical information working in connection to the larger healthcare community.
- WikiPremed is a wiki-based MCAT Prep Course
- AcaWiki is a wiki repository for summaries of academic articles under CC-BY. It is run by AcaWiki Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation incorporated in California, U.S.A.
- Actipedia is a wiki focused on creative activism.
- FOSsil Bank is an interdisciplinary wiki focused on compiling Libre OA works and resources. The successor of this wiki is the Free and Open Works wiki.
- ICORE Wiki is a wiki focused on open research and education in connection to The International Community for Open Research and Education (ICORE).
- Scholarpedia is an interdisciplinary "peer-reviewed open-access encyclopedia". Subjects represented in Scholarpedia focus primarily on science, technology, and mathematics.
- nLab is a wiki about mathematics, physics and philosophy.
- Open source software for science is a Bulgarian and English language wiki focused on open source software in the sciences.
- WikiArc is a wiki focusing on archaeology, classical antiquity, paleoanthropology, forensic anthropology, cultural heritage studies, and quaternary sciences.
- Wikisource is a cross disciplinary collection of texts and sources that are either free of copyright or under an open license.
- PhiloPedia is a philosophy wiki (also known as the Online Philosophy Club), created in 2007 by Scott Hughes.
- CFD-Wiki is a wiki focused on "Computational Fluid Dynamics".
- Optipedia is a wiki focused on optics and photonics.
- PhysWiki is a physics wiki. It aims to be a dynamic open access wiki textbook resource. PhysWiki and the "STEMWiki" library is directed by UC Davis Professor Delmar Larsen.
- Plasma-Universe.com is a wiki focused on plasma physics.
- Quantiki is a quantum information science wiki.
- SEAS Soft Matter Wiki is a student-created wiki focused on the study of Soft Matter.
- SklogWiki is a thermodynamics and statistical mechanics wiki.
Politics / political science
- OpenCongress is an editable guide to the US Congress.
- Mental Health Wiki is a wiki that focuses on issues of mental health. It is run by a team of researchers at the University of Melbourne.
- Demopaeda is the wiki-based presentation of the Multilingual Demographic Dictionary, which is supported by the United Nations Population Division, the IUSSP and the Comité national français of the IUSSP.
- Appropedia is a wiki that focuses on collaborative solutions in sustainability, appropriate technology and poverty reduction.