Difference between revisions of "Open data policies"
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 23:13, 9 December 2012
- Articles and resources on open data policies
- Funders with open data policies
- Institutions / projects with open data policies
- Journals with open data policies
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list in progress of information about open data policies, including case studies and guidelines, links to institutional open data policies, such as those at colleges and universities and government organizations, as well as journals with open data policies. These policies set guidelines and rules to allow transparent public access to institutional and organizational information.
- The Freedom of Information Act broke ground for more transparent government information in the United States. "For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city... The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over." --President Obama on the Freedom of Information Act, January 21, 2009
Open Data Information
- United States Federal Open Government Guide Freedom of Information Act
- Open Government Initiative Model Open Government Policies
- Open Data Guidelines List of Links to Resources on Guidelines
- Open Knowledge Foundation (OKF) Cambridge University
Institutional Open Data Policies
- United States United States Federal Government
- Yale University Yale University Open Data Access (YODA) Project