List of lists
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 06:09, 3 February 2012 by Pontika
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
Open-access archives and repositories
- There is no official or complete list of archives and repositories. I don't plan to list all the lists I can find, just the best. If there is ever a directory of archives as comprehensive and up-to-date as the DOAJ is for journals, then I'll probably delete this section.
- Alphabetical order.
- Open-access OAI-compliant archives (or "data providers" in OAI lingo)
- Directory of Open Access Repositories (DOAR). Maintained by the Universities of Nottingham (in England) and Lund (in Sweden).
- ePrints UK list. Maintained by RDN. Limited to the UK.
- Explore Open Archives. Maintained by OpCit.
- Institutional Archives Registry. Maintained by Tim Brody. The only list of OAI archives showing the growth of their contents over time. Also organizes archives by country, type, the underlying software.
- OAI list. Formerly official but no longer kept up to date. From the Open Archives Initiative.
- Open Archives Initiative Repository Explorer. Maintained by Hussein Suleman.
- OAIster list. Maintained by OAIster.
- SPARC list. Maintained by SPARC.
- TARDIS list. Maintained by TARDIS.
- UIUC list. Maintained by the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Automated to some extent so it's likely to more complete than most other lists. Also see the Errol list and project from OCLC, built on the UIUC list.