Careers in OA
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
This list is still under development. Every part of it may change before the official launch, including its title, URL, and method of organization.
- This list contains specific job types found in Open Access. Due to the fluid nature of Open Access, this list can’t hope to be all inclusive.
- Many of examples listed are no longer open. The links are provided as examples and may not reflect current listings. If the link leads to an error page, the link is red. It’s still included here to provide further examples of job types.
- Contributors should add jobs as they see fit, and, if there is no description already available, contributors should create a description for the job.
- This list is arranged alphabetically with a note of the types of institutions typically hiring for that type of job. Sections are not used because of the overlap of so many jobs would lead to a lot of duplicate entries. Additionally, any required degrees and whether it is a part or full-time position.
- Related lists in OAD: Jobs in open access. NOTE: it’s no longer actively maintained but includes good examples of job ads that have been used to fill Open Access positions
This role may be full-time, or combined with other responsibilities (typically Scholarly Communications.) The candidate serves as an authority on copyright law, including its foundations and applications; works to organize and disseminate information on copyright law; and assists their organization in navigating copyright and licensing.