Difference between revisions of "Volunteer opportunities"
From Open Access Directory
Revision as of 15:18, 25 June 2013
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of jobs for volunteeers who would like to help the cause.
- Don't hesitate to add jobs that you'd like to see others do. If a job requires contacting a person or organization, be sure to include contact info.
- These jobs do not have to bear on the OAD itself. That was just an easy place for us to start....
- As these jobs are completed, or partially completed, revise or delete the entries accordingly.
- Related lists in OAD: (1) Jobs in open access [for pay], (2) Research in progress, and (3) Research questions.
- Keep the Wikipedia articles about OA accurate and up to date. Many people get their first impression of OA from those articles.
- Make sure that Wikipedia includes articles about all major OA projects, in all disciplines and countries.
- Make sure that Wikipedia includes biographies for all major leaders of the OA movement. Women leaders are currently under-represented.
- Add links to OAD lists from appropriate articles in Wikipedia and other wikis.
- If you are doing research on OA, e.g. for a journal article or doctoral dissertation, be sure to add your project to the OAD page of Research in progress. When you're done and your work is published, or deposited in a repository, be sure to add a citation and link to our Bibliography of open access.
- If you encounter other ongoing research projects on OA, make sure they're noted on our Research in progress page.
- Volunteer to take gentle care of a list on the OAD. As we grow in size it would help us if subject specialists would take watch out for content for that would be appropriate for specific lists. As an all-volunteer organization, the OAD does count on good folks to step up and look out for the quality of our content. For more information, contact the editors.
- Help the OA tracking project (OATP) by tagging new OA developments.
- Help OATP by tagging older items retroactively, including items compiled here in OAD. Help OAD by adding relevant items from the OATP archives.
- Systematically updadte the numbers on the OAD page of OA by the numbers.
- This list should be a one-stop-shop for the latest figures on the state of OA and its growth. Help make sure that it includes all the numbers users might want, and that all the numbers on the list are up to date and supported by links to sources.