Difference between revisions of "Video about OA"
From Open Access Directory
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
* Chronological by event and alphabetical by speaker.
* Chronological by event and alphabetical by speaker.
* Related lists in OAD: (1) [[Audio about OA]], (2) [[Educational materials about OA]], (3) [[Events celebrating Open Access Day]].
* Related lists in OAD: (1) [[Audio about OA]], (2) [[Educational materials about OA]], (3) [[Events celebrating Open Access Day]].
* For real-time updates, some not yet reflected here, follow the [http://
* For real-time updates, some not yet reflected here, follow the [http://../tag/oa.video oa.video] tag of the [Tracking Project].
Latest revision as of 17:30, 3 June 2015
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of video recordings about open access, not recordings which happen to be open access.
- Videos from a particular event, such as a conference, should be listed together. But if the speaker was a solo performance, such as an interview or lecture, then it should be listed by speaker. However, a video should only be listed in one category.
- We were not able to find all of the metadata for some of these videos, such as the date, duration, format, or occasion of the recording. Please add this information when you can.
- We prefer full presentations to short clips. But it's better to include short clips, with an annotation, than to exclude them.
- Adding information to the OAD is easy. See our help section and contact us if you still have questions.
- Chronological by event and alphabetical by speaker.
- Related lists in OAD: (1) Audio about OA, (2) Educational materials about OA, (3) Events celebrating Open Access Day.
- For real-time updates, some not yet reflected here, follow the oa.video tag of the Open Access Tracking Project.
- Education of a Scientist Xtranormal uploaded on Youtube February 7. 2012, 5 minutes video.
- Acceso abierto a las ciencias sociales de América Latina y el Caribe (Open access to Latin America and the Caribbean social sciences) Panel at CLACSO-UNESCO Conference,México D.F.,9 Nov.2012,130 minutes video in Spanish, with presentations from Latindex,Scielo, Redalyc,Clacso,Unesco,PKP,Jean-Claude Guédon,Gustavo Fischman,Antonio Sánchez Pereyra, Eduardo Aguado-López, Dominique Babini, José Miguel Alvarez
- API to check if a publication is “Open Access”. April 15, 2012. 4 minutes video.
- Coliibri 2. January 14, 2012, 8 minutes video.
- De l’open access au freemium. February 19, 2012, 104 minutes video.
- Dryad: Scalable Infrastructure for coupling Research Data to Publications in the Life Sciences . February 8, 2012, 31 minutes video.
- Journal Article Publishing: The Review Process, Ethics, Publishing Contracts, Open Access, and the Kitchen Sink. March 28, 2012. 60 minutes video.
- Introduction to the Altmetric Explorer. March 12, 2012, 1 minute video.
- Linked Open Data as explained by Europeana. March 1, 2012, 4 minutes video.
- Meet Creative Commons. March 28, 2012, 3 minutes video.
- Meet the people behind DSpace repositories. April 24, 2012. 2 minutes video.
- Open Access explained by Mexican musicians A video from redalyc.org, the Iberoamerican peer-review journal portal
- OSDD Malaria Meeting, University of Sydney February 2012. 5 videos. 144 minutes videos.
- Presentation of the Inaugural Award for Advancing Open Access. February 14, 2012.
- President Obama: Make Publicly Funded Research Freely Available!. May 22, 2012. 2 minutes video.
- Publishing America's for-pay, private laws - legal piracy. May 15, 2012. 60 minutes video.
- Scholarly Communications: New Developments in Open Access. Repositories Support Project (RSP), June 1st, 2012, RIBA, London.
- WA Legislature considering K-12 OER Bill. January 29, 2012.
- APE 2011. January 29, 2011.
- AusGOAL: licensing for Australian government information. July 8, 2011, 3 minutes video.
- Beethoven's open repository of research. October 31, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Bridges, Reservoirs and Other Metaphors for a Digital Public Library of America. November 11, 2011, 8 minutes video.
- Campus OA Policies: Interviews from the Berlin 9 Conference. 6 December 2012.
- (A) case study at the University of Southampton. 6 minutes video.
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video. July, 2011, 5 minutes video.
- Configurable Workflow in DSpace 1.8. November 7, 13 minutes video.
- CORE: Connecting repositories. July 29, 2011, 10 minutes video.
- Designing the Workflow for a Digital Data Repository. July 26, 2011, 26 minutes video.
- D.I.Y. Punk Scene and Open Access Scholarship. May 3, 2011, 10 minutes video.
- EU-Kommissarin zu Open Access und Forschungsdaten. June 30, 2011, 4 minutes.
- Free your data. May 26, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Go open access: film series. April 15, 2011.
- How is Open Access important to the UK economy and society?. March 23, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- International Open Access Week is October 24-30. October 24, 2011, 5 minutes video.
- Introductie tot Open Access door Gert Buelens. October 19, 2011, 4 minutes video.
- IOP Publishing press release: Physics gets personal. February 3, 2011.
- Issa: DATA Delivers Open Gov't & Federal Spending Transparency. September 21, 2011, 20 minutes video.
- JISC scholarly communications roundtable concludes: variety will be the spice of open access. 6 minutes video.
- Journal Article Mining and Scholarly Publishers. December 28, 2011. 23 minutes video.
- Libraries, Publishers, Consortia. August 21, 2011, 8 minutes video.
- Library Renewal How?: An open discussion of electronic content access and the future of libraries. September 20, 2011. 48 minutes video.
- MIT Faculty Open Access Policy: Celebrating Two Years of Open Access. March 18, 2011, 9 minutes video.
- MIT open access policy. 3 minutes video.
- NSF Data Management Plan Requirements: Institutional Initiatives. Video on Youtube and Vimeo. January 25, 2011. 53 minutes video.
- Open Access. October 8, 2011. 1 minute video.
- Open Access IFLA Presidential Meeting 2011. July 22, 2011, 8 minutes video.
- Open Data Kit. 2 minutes video.
- Open Data made beautiful: Dark Sky. November 2, 2011.
- Open Research. October 5, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- ORBi@University of Liège. October 24, 2011, 3 minutes video.
- Repository Fringe 2011: presentations and videos. October 14, 2011.
- Share Open Access Worldwide.
- State lawmaker favors cutting traditional textbooks in schools. December 26, 2011, 5 minutes video.
- (The) State of Online Courseware With The UK's Open University. 25 December, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Time travel for the scholarly web. December 27, 2012. 20 minutes video.
- Transforming the way we are making research. October 31, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- University of Salford Open Access Case Study. October 24, 2011, 6 minutes.
- Visualisation of UKOER deposits to Jorum using Gourse. December 20, 2011, 6 minutes video.
- (The) year in big data and data science: Hadoop, security and open data defined the data world in 2011.December 26, 2011, 18 minutes video.
- AcademiX 2010 videos, June 2010:
- John Wilbanks (VP for Science Creative Common). Commons-Based Licensing and Scholarship - The Next Layer of the Network, 21 minutes video.
- Jason Baird Jackson (Chair and Associate Professor, Dept. Folklore and Ethnomusicology, Indiana University). Innovation and Open Access in Scholarly Journal Publishing, 22 minutes video.
- Ben Hawkridge (Technical Architect, The Open University on iTunes U). New Channels for Learning - Podcasting Opportunities for a Distance University, 22 minutes video.
- Nick Shockey (Dir., Right to Research Coalition, and Dir. of Student Advocacy, Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition). The Digital Natives are Getting Restless - The Student Voice of the Open Access Movement, 20 minutes video.
- Richard E. Miller, PhD. (Exec Director), Paul Hammond, PhD. (Director of Digital Initiatives, Plangere Writing Center Rutgers University). This is How We Think - Learning in Public After the Paradigm Shift, 21 minutes video.
- Books in Browsers. October 22, 2010, 46 minutes video.
- Critical theory of open in the digital era. October 15, 2010.
- Discover the OAPEN library. October 28, 2010, 5 minutes video
- DuraSpace OR10 DSpace and Fedora User Group Session Videos. October 21, 2010.
- From Cape Town OER to Spanish Journal Article: Newest Amazing Story. December 3, 2010, 6 minutes video.
- Google Book Settlement Panel, four videos, July 2010.
- Growing Knowledge: the evolution of research showreel. July 13, 2010. 4 minutes video.
- Happy Birthday CC. December 16, 2010, 2 minutes video.
- Harvard Open Access Initiatives. October, 2010. 10 minutes video
- IBM and EU Partner to Enable the Digitization of Historic European Texts on a Massive Scale. August, 2010, 4 minutes podcast.
- Institutional Repositories for Medical Schools, by Berkley Electronic Press. October 6, 2010. 57 minutes video.
- Know your rights: who really owns your scholarly works. From the Columbia University Scholarly Communications Program. August, 2010, 112 minutes video.
- (The) Library minute: Open access. October 22, 2010, 1 minute video.
- A New Digital Presence: The Smithsonian Commons. 47 minutes video. October, 2010.
- OASPA 2010. 2nd Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing (COASP) held at President Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic. September 30, 2010.
- Open-access Africa 2010. 19 presentations. November 10, 2010.
- Open Access Business Model for Minho Conference - Open Access Week. December 9, 2010, 21 minutes video.
- Open Access, Copyright and Freedom of Expression’: Panel Discussion. 2010 Summer School on Law, Language and Culture. August 19, 2010, 2 hours video.
- Open Access Manifesto. 13 seconds video.
- Open Access and Scholarly Communication: What new librarians should know. October 21, 2010, 75 minutes video.
- Open Access Week 2010
- Open Access Week so…Let’s get loud and proud. 4 minutes video.
- Open Data + Food Ontology+ Semantic Web Primer | Food+Tech Connect. December 5, 2010, 35 minutes video.
- Project 10^100. September 29, 2010. 1 minute video.
- Public domain calculators, from the Open Knowledge Foundation’s Working Group on the Public Domain. October 12, 2010. 5 minutes video.
- Short information films about Enhanced Publications. August 27, 2010.
- Singin’ ‘Bout the Open Access Blues. December 21, 2010.
- SWORD course videos. September 29, 2010.
- Who pays for open access?. From the Columbia University Scholarly Communications Program. August, 2010, 97 minutes video.
- What's new in Fedora 3.3 and DSpace 1.6?. April, 2010, 58 minutes video.
- Vorträge im Rahmen des OA-Informationstages an der Univ. Wien (25.3.2010) online. September 29, 2010.
- SPARC, Open Access 101. Vimeo, animation. A basic introduction to OA, October 8, 2009. 3 minutes video.
- Funding Policies and Research Access -Round Table. 12th International Conference on Electronic Publishing. June, 2008. 2 hours and 48 minutes video.
- Open Access Days 2008 in Berlin (9 and 10 October).
- My rights as author (in German). 62 minutes video.
- The formal quality assurance of Open Access publications (in German). 25 minutes video.
- Improved scientific communication and quality assurance through interactive Open Access publishing and collaborative peer review (in German). 47 minutes video.
- Open Access Documentary Project. Produced by Intelligent Television and BioMed Central with support from OSI. December 15, 2008
- Open Access und ZORA. Published by the University of Zurich for its repository ZORA. 10 minutes video.
- Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics- (SCOAP3). US focal meeting, Berkeley, February 29, 2008. Video and podcasts
- Welcome & Opening Address - Tom Leonard (University Librarian, University of California, Berkeley); George Breslauer (Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, University of California, Berkeley)
- What is Open Access, Anyhow? - Rick Luce (Emory University)
- The SCOAP3 Model - Salvatore Mele (CERN)
- Fund-raising in Europe - Jens Vigen (CERN)
- Expectations of a Large Research Institution - Ralf Schimmer (Max Planck Digital Library)
- US Consortia in SCOAP3 - Ivy Anderson (California Digital Library)
- Individual US Libraries and SCOAP3 - Part 1 - Miriam Blake (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Individual US Libraries and SCOAP3 - Part 2 - Kimberly Douglas (Caltech)
- Synergies: Repositories for High Energy Physics - Travis Brooks (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center)
- SPARC-ACRL Forum on the Harvard open access policy (Anaheim, June 28-29, 2008). Introductory remarks:
- John Ober, Director, Education and Strategy, California Digital Library. 11 minutes video
- Stuart M. Shieber, professor of computer science at Harvard, director of the Center for Research on Computation and Society, faculty co-director of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society. 19 minutes video.
- Kevin L. Smith, JD, scholarly communications officer at Duke University. 13 minutes video.
- Catherine Candee, executive director, Strategic Publishing and Broadcast Initiatives, office of the president of the University of California. 16 minutes video.
- Using Open Access Models for Science Dissemination. ICTP Workshop, Trieste, Italy, 7-16 July 2008
- Barbara Stebbins, science teacher at Black Pine Circle School in Berkeley. 28 September 2008. 57 seconds video
- Mark Walport, Director of the Wellcome Trust, London, U.K. 2 October 2008. 57 seconds video
- Sharon Terry, CEO and President of the Genetic Alliance, Washington, DC. 6 October 2008. 61 seconds video.
- Ida Sim, Associate Professor and a practicing physician at the University of California, San Francisco. 28 September 2008. 62 seconds video
- Diane Graves, University Librarian for Trinity University, San Antonio. 6 October 2008. 64 seconds video.
- Andre Brown, PhD student, University of Pennsylvania. 6 October 2008. 68 seconds video.
- Open Access: From Practice to Impact: Consequences of Knowledge Dissemination (Padua, September 19-21, 2007). The video of the presentations from the Berlin 5 meeting.
- Mass and Matter 2006: Public Access to Scientific Discovery. From a one day seminar at University of Kansas Medical Center. 4 minutes video.
- Kennison, R. Implementing strategies to encourage deposit January 16, 2013. 64 minutes video.
- Knowles, C., Dimmock, N., Evans, K. and Needham, P. Statistics for Repositories: DSpace and EPrints February 26, 2013. 77 minutes video.
- Lewis, S. and Jones, R. Engage with SWORD to allow deposit transactions March 8, 2013. 67 minutes video.
- Macintyre, R., Needham, P. & Conyers, A. Institutional Repository Usage Statistics, IRUS-UK March 20, 2013. 72 minutes video.
- Mewissen, Muriel. The Repository Junction Broker: a tool to automate delivery of research output to institutional repositories May 29, 2013, 78 minutes video.
- Skilton, L. and Sheppard, N. OER for repository managers January 29, 2013. 68 minutes video.
- Brennan, Niamh. Bibliometrics: A way of demonstrating the importance of institutional research. July 3rd, 2012, 71 minutes video.
- Budden, Yvonne & Jepson, Misha. Advocacy using campaign materials. June 26, 2012, 74 minutes video.
- Cochrane, Tom. Open Access at QUT. February 21, 2012, 5 minutes video.
- Darnton, Robert. Lecture on the Digital Library of America. March 25, 2012, 1 minute video.
- Hall, Martin. Where next with Open Access. June 11,2012. 31 minutes video.
- Hahnel, Mark. Figshare and open science. June 11, 2012. 18 miunutes video.
- Harnad, Stevan.
- Stevan Harnad on open access at BOAI 10. February 21, 2012, 3 minutes video.
- Open Access: Green, Gold, Gratis, Libre, North, South How To Get There. May 18, 2012. 31 minutes video.
- Hill, Sarah and Tahani, Nadim. Advocacy for the arts. July 16, 2012. 76 minutes video.
- Hodson, Simon. Encouraging data publication - the JISC Managing Research Data Programme. June 11, 2012. 34 minutes video.
- Hrynaszkiewicz, Iain. Panton Discussion. January 4, 2012, 29 minutes video.
- Hubbard, Bill. Open access publishing: policies, advocacy and best practices. (Presentation download). June 8, 2012. 52 minutes video.
- Joseph, Heather. Heather Joseph on open access at BOAI 10. February 21, 2012, 2 minutes video.
- Kroes, Neelie. Open Science. March 16, 2012, 4 minutes video.
- Lapinski, Scott. Advocacy on implementing funders' mandates. March 27th, 2012. 70 minutes video.
- Matchett, Stephen. Time to save the research serfs. May 15, 2012.
- Michener, William. Five New Paradigms for Science and Academia and an Introduction to DataOne. January 9, 2012. 3 minutes video.
- Milloy, Caren. OAPEN-UK - collecting evidence on scholarly monograph publishing.June 11, 2012. 27 minutes video.
- Moffat, Graeme. Frontiers - Online community-based peer review, publishing and research networking. June 11, 2012. 17 minutes video.
- Neylon, Cameron. Service oriented science. January 20, 2012, 20 minutes video.
- Oppenheim, Charles. Copyright: Web 2.0, Creative Commons Licenses, and orphan works/ March 9th, 2012, 68 minutes video.
- Plale, Beth. Scientific Workflows at Open Data for Open Science 2012: Developers’ Training for Environmental Research. April 4, 2012. 73 minutes video.
- Pollock, Rufus. Open Data and Open Government. April 23, 2012. 5 minutes video.
- Rindflesch, Thomas. Semantic MEDLINE. 31 minutes video.
- Suber, Peter Peter Suber on open access at BOAI 10. February 21, 2012, 3 minutes video.
- Swan, Alma. The Budapest Open Access Initiative at 10 - recommendations for the next ten years of scholarly communications. June 11, 2012. 39 minutes video.
- Terras, Melissa. Using social media to disseminate research outputs. June 11, 2012. 22 minutes video.
- Webster, Peter. Building campus-based OA journal capacity: SAS Open Journals. June 11, 2012. 24 minutes video.
- Wickham, Jackie. Repositories: management, policies and best practices. June 29, 2012. Duration: 60 minutes.
- Binfield, Peter.
- Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – what are they, and why should you care. January 15, 2011. 72 minutes video.
- PLoS - Public Library of Science: Open Source Publishing. June 29, 2011, 9 minutes video.
- Stanford Summit @ Medicine 2.0. October 5, 2011, 18 minutes video.
- Bradner, Jay. Open Source cancer research. December 16, 2011, 13 minutes video.
- Carroll, Michael. Copyright and Open Access. December 6, 2011, 3 minutes video.
- Carver, Nico. Free your data. 2011 Sparky Award winner- best animation. May 26, 2011, 90 seconds video.
- Chan, L. Beyond Open Access: Opportunities for Scholarly Communication Innovations in Africa. November 2, 2011, 32 minutes video.
- Cohen, Dan. The Ivory Tower and the Open Web. January 12, 2011. 72 minutes video.
- Darnton, Robert. Robert Darnton on eBooks, Google Books, DPLA.... October, 16. 28 minutes video.
- Duncan, Arne. Why open education matters. March 2, 2012, 4 minutes video.
- Fernandez, Guillen. Importance of open access. 3 minutes video.
- Glover, David. * Introducing Open Biology. 5 minutes video.
- Gómez, Nancy (Coordinadora LLAAR). NECOBELAC T1 Course, Madrid, February 28, 2011, 5 minutes video.
- Goodman, Josh. Breaking News - Open Access Wave Sweeps World. 2011 Sparky Award winner- best live action. May 24, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Graf, Klaus. How to use an US-Proxy to get access to HathiTrust items. January 3, 2011. 3 minutes video.
- Green, Cable. The Obviousness of Open Policy. October, 2011, 4 minutes video.
- Groom, Jim. Jim Groom: Open Education Is A University Of People Online. September 21, 2011, 98 minutes video.
- Hall, Martin. The Case for Open Access: What is the Risk if Open Access Doesn’t Happen In the Way You Want?. April 18, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Harnad, Stevan. Designing Green Open Access Self-Archiving Mandates for Universities and Research Funders. October 23, 2011, 26 minutes video.
- Hayashi, Chiaki. Creative Commons in Museums. September 26, 2011.
- Ireland, Robbie and Toby Hanning. Enlighten: How to make an embedded institutional repository. January 18, 2011. 8 minutes video.
- Jakubowski, Marcin. Open-sourced blueprints for civilization. April 2011, 6 minutes.
- Kahle, Brewster.
- Kroes, Neeelie. Speech to the LIBER 40th annual conference. June 29, 2011, 4 minutes video.
- Lessig, Lawrence. The architecture of access to scientific knowledge: just how badly we have messed this up. April 20, 2011.
- Nixon, William. University of Glasgow's resource Pack for Open Access and Institutional repositories. October 23, 2011, 6 minutes video.
- Palfrey, John.
- The Digital Public Library of America. June 30, 2011, 9 minutes video.
- September update from John Palfrey on the Digital Public Library of America. September 16, 2011, 6 minutes video.
- Paola Bongiovani, Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación Productiva, Argentina. NECOBELAC T1 Course, May 16-19, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Patterson, Mark (Director of Publishing, Public Library of Science (PLoS)). Open access publishers: breaking even and growing fast. January, 2011. 20 minutes video.
- Pollock, Rufus. Open Science. July, 20, 12 minutes video.
- Rodríguez Jiménez, Teresa M. (Universidad de Guadalajara - Mexico). NECOBELAC T1 Course, Madrid, February 28, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Seligson, Paula. We're in this together. 2011 Sparky Awards winner- best speech. April 26, 2011, 2 minutes video.
- Semmes, D. R. [Remix in Science - Data Exchange Revolutionizes Scientific Publishing], December 29, 2011, 19 minutes video.
- Smith, Courtney. Generating Top-Level Buy-In for Your Institutional Repository. [Private video]. July 31, 2011.
- Smith, MacKenzie. Open licenses for data and metadata. June 8, 2011, 4 minutes video.
- Silver, Isabel. The UF Open Access Publishing Fund: How it Works and What it Means to You. August 5, 2011, 33 minutes video.
- Sommerdijk, Nico. Open Access of data generates new science. October 11, 2011, 5 minutes video.
- Todd, Debbie. Tearing sharing to pieces: why openness is about more than sharing. September 12, 2011, 84 minutes video.
- Temmerman, Marleen. Relevance of Open Access. October 18, 2011, 3 minutes video.
- Willbanks, John. Reproducible Research Workshop 2011. October 18, 2011, 40 minutes video.
- Wood, John. Riding the Wave – How Europe can Gain from the Fising Tide of Scientific Data. January, 2011. 57 minutes video.
- Aleman, André. Open Access. September 30, 2010. 2 minute video
- Anglim, Jeromy. Reproducible Research and R « Zero Intelligence Agents. December 6, 2010, 34 minutes video.
- Bartneneck, Christoph. The importance of open access publishing. October 11, 2010, 7 minutes video
- Berners-Lee, Tim, Sir.
- Betti, Arriana. The Future is open access. September 14, 2010, 4 minutes video.
- Curle, David (Publishing industry analyst). The Current State and Likely Future of the Commercial Legal Publishing Industry: The Effect of Open Access Innovation on the Industry's Core Market. August 12, 2010, 35 minutes video.
- Guedon, Jean Claude.
- Keynote Talk - The impact of open access on academic research and publishing. Recorded at Euroscience Open Forum, Torino - July 2010. 43 minutes video.
- L’accès libre de la science, an interview in Vertigo, August, 9, 2010.
- Petite histoire du mouvement vers l’accès libre – La science est une grande conversation. 10 minutes video.
- L’impact du mouvement vers l’accèslibre. 9 minutes video.
- L’édition savante et le libre-accès. 5 minutes video.
- Hall, Gary.
- Harnad, Stevan. Scholarly/Scientific Impact Metrics in the Open Access Era, November 15, 2010, 35 minutes video.
- Harris, Evan (MP). BioMedCentral's 10th Anniversary - Part 1 and BioMedCentral's 10th Anniversary - Part 2 June 2010.
- Houghton, John. Open access. October 24, 2010, 3 minutes video.
- Lessig, Lawrence. Freeing culture. October 10, 2010, 45 minutes video.
- Lipman, David (Director of the National Center for Biotechnology Information at the National Library of Medicine). Ten years of PubMed Central. April, 2010, 51 minutes video.
- Lipman, David. [Interview on the Genbank 25th Anniversary]. September 29, 2010. 6 minutes video.
- Malamud, Carl. Internet Has Yet to Revolutionize Legal Industry, by Hari Sreenivasan. September 8, 2010, 4 minutes video.
- Pinter, Frances. Rethinking the Role and Funding of Academic Book Publishing. O'Reilly's Tools of Change for Publishing, NY, February 22-24, 2010. 24 minutes video.
- Rossling, Hans. World Bank: Open data. May 22, 2010. 42 minutes video.
- Schiessl, Ingo and Stuart Allan. UK PubMed Central: the resource of choice for the UK's biomedical and health research community. August 25, 2010, 3 minutes video.
- Sluijs Appy. ERC grant recipient talks about Open Access. November 4, 2010, 4 minutes video
- Stanton, Steve. Open Access. September 30, 2010. A minute video
- Sutton, Caroline. Open Access Publishing: Retaining the core, stimulating progress. September, 2010, 33 minutes video.
- Swan, Alma. The open access map. November 1, 2010, 45 seconds video.
- Barbour, Ginny. Open Access, Achievements and Looking Forward, Part 5. By PLoS , May 15, 2009. 3 minutes video.
- Danner, Dick. Open Access at Duke Law. October 20, 2009. 4 minutes video.
- Harnad, Stevan:
- Jacobson, Paul, Open Law Project. A video of a presentation at the Society of Law Teachers of Southern Africa Conference. January 31, 2009, 4 minutes video.
- Kimpton, Michelle, Progress in repository development and Using Open Content. 2008 SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting, February 1, 2009. 3 minutes video.
- Klien, Bonnie, Government repositories. 2008 SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting, February 1, 2009. 4 minutes video.
- Mitchell, Catherine, On services, users and alliances. 2008 SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting, February 1, 2009. 5 minutes video.
- Noord, Sijbolt. Open access: Just publish. February 24, 2009. 5 minutes video.
- Shreeves, Sarah, What are our success factors and Faculty outreach. 2008 SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting, February 1, 2009. 2 minutes video.
- Suber, Peter, Open Access and GSLIS, Simmons College. October 21, 2009. Video is also now here on Vimeo . 10 minutes video.
- Suber, Peter, The Future of Open Access. Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, February 27, 2009. 63 minutes video.
- Carroll, Michael. Copyright and Your Right to Use and Share Your Scholarly Materials. Bowling Green University, October 31, 2008. 66 minutes video.
- Eisen, Jonathan A. Responsible Authorship and the Ownership of Scientific Knowledge: Thoughts on Open Access Publishing. (It appears in different software versions). Thursday, 7 August, 2008. 61 minutes video.
- Gunter, Donna, Google Scholar and Open Access to Scholarly Literature. Recorded at the University of North Carolina - Charlotte on November 30, 2007 and posted to blip.tv on August 8, 2008. 53 minutes video.
- Hindawi, Ahmed, The advantages of open access. May 20, 2008, 2 minutes video.
- Kass, Sean, Open Access to Scholarly Publications. A third year Harvard law student created the video as a project in the course, The Web Difference, taught by John Palfrey and David Weinberger. May 10, 2008, 14 minutes video.
- Mbambo-Thata, Buhle, Open access movements in developing countries. From University of South Africa. July 2, 2008. 2 minutes video.
- Soren, Auer. DBpedia: A Nucleus for a Web of Open Data. January 31, 2008, 31 minutes video.
- Suber, Peter, Perspective on Open-Access Publishing: An Interview with Peter Suber. By Reid Cornwell. Innovate, April/May, 2008.
- Suber, Peter, What Can Universities Do to Support Open Access?. Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, March 16, 2008. Multiple Formats. Approximately 1 hour video.
- Willinsky, John, "Open Access Is Public Access" (00:50:16) Perimeter Institute Recorded Seminar Archive. PE. (Multiple Formats). August 9, 2008, 50 minutes video.
- McManus, Chris, Open access to scientific research articles. July 2, 2007, 5 minutes video.
- Vigen, Jens, Scientific Information Officer at CERN talks about open access. November 21, 2007, 8 minutes video.
- Suber, Peter, What Is Open Access? Transforming Scholarly Communication Symposium at the University of Houston Libraries, Oct. 4, 2006. QuickTime video.
- Verba, Sydney (Director of Harvard University Libraries and professor of political science), and Charles Nesson, (Professor of Law). Why open access. December, 12, 2006, 10 minutes video.
- Abelson, Hal (professor of computer science) and Wilbanks, John (director of Science Commons). Open Networks and Open Society: The Relationship between Freedom, Law, and Technology. MIT program on April 26, 2005. 97 minutes video.
- Publishing Open Content, June 30, 2008. Produced by Intelligent Television and BioMed Central. 27 minutes video.