|Line 35:||Line 35:|
* [http://kultur.eprints.org/ Kultur]. From [http://www.jisc.ac.uk/ JISC] and other partners.
* [http://kultur.eprints.org/ Kultur]. From [http://www.jisc.ac.uk/ JISC] and other partners.
=== Art history ===
=== Art history ===
Revision as of 20:55, 19 April 2012
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a list of OA disciplinary respositories (also called central or subject repositories). Unless otherwise noted, they accept relevant deposits regardless of the author's institutional affiliation.
- When possible, please indicate the institution hosting or maintaining the repository. If a repository only accepts submissions in certain languages, please indicate the languages. If a repository is open in some respects but not others, please include it with an annotation rather than exclude it.
- For a bibliography of works on disciplinary repositories, see the section on Disciplinary Archives in the OAD Bibliography of open access.
- Related lists in OAD: Data repositories.
- For news about disciplinary repositories, including some newly launched repositories not yet listed here, follow the oa.repositories.disciplinary tag of the OA Tracking Project.
- Alphabetical by field.
- AgEcon Search. Research in agriculture and applied economics. From the University of Minnesota. (Also listed under Economics.)
- Infoteca-e. The collections comprise self-edited materials such as books for technology transfer, primers, radio and television programs with information related to the several areas of expertise. Appropriate language is used to ensure that farmers, extensionists, agricultural technicians, students and teachers from rural schools, cooperatives and other sectors of agricultural production are able to assimilate information more easily and, as a result, to appropriate themselves of the technologies developed by Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (Embrapa). From the Embrapa.
- Mana'o. A repository for anthropology of the Asia-Pacific region, hosted by the the Department of Anthropology at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa.
- ART-Dok. German, English, French etc.
Biology / Life sciences
- Also see medicine.
- Nature Precedings. Documents in bioinformatics, genetics, molecular cell biology, neuroscience, ecology, and several other subjects.
- Threatened and Endangered Species Document Repository. From the US Department of Defense (DoD), and limited to research on threatened and endangered species on the 30 million acres of land under DoD stewardship.
- Also see literature.
- PropylaeumDOK. German, English etc. Fields: Egyptology, ancient history, classical archaeology, classical philology, prehistoric archaeology.
- Cogprints. English.
- Also see mathematics.
- CiteSeerx. Successor to CiteSeer. From Lee Giles. (The original CiteSeer was from Giles, Steve Lawrence, and Kurt Bollacker.)
- Computing Research Repository. From the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), arXiv, Networked Computer Science Technical Reference Library (NCSTRL), and the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science. An OA repository for refereed conference proceedings.
- Cryptology eprint Archive. English.
- ERPAePRINTS. All languages.
- Earth Prints. All languages. Fields: Atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere, solid Earth, Earth sciences in general.
- GEO-LEO. English, German, etc., but only publications from the German speaking area.
- Karst Information Portal. A joint project of the National Cave & Karst Research Institute, University of South Florida Libraries, University of New Mexico Libraries, and the Union Internationale de Spéléologie.
- AgEcon Search. Research in agriculture and applied economics. From the University of Minnesota. (Also listed under Agriculture.)
- Munich RePEc Personal Archive. All languages. "The topic should relate to economics, including the contiguous historical, social, and behavioral sciences and statistical as well as mathematical methods related to economics."
Education 1 (Research)
(This is a list of repositories for research in the field of education. For repositories of open educational resources, see Education 2, below.)
- African Higher Education Research Online. English. African Higher Education Research Online (AHERO) is an open access archive of texts that focus on the study, practice and governance of higher education in Africa.
- HEER (Higher Education Empirical Research). From the Open University Centre for Higher Education Research and Information (CHERI). Only CHERI-written summaries of the original research papers are OA through HEER.
- OER Research. A repository for research on open educational resources (OERs). Accepts submissions "in just about every language" (Personal Mail, November 8, 2008). From IssueLab and the Hewlett Foundation.
- pedocs. German, English.
- TeLearn. Multilingual. TeLearn is a multidisciplinary and multilingual open archive on technology enhanced learning (TEL). It was launched late 2006 by the Kaleidoscope European Network of Excellence (EC funded project of the 6th R&D framework programme).
Education 2 (OER)
(This is a list of repositories for open educational resources. Also see the OAD list of OER lists, in our section of Lists maintained by others. For repositories for research in the field of education, see Education 1, above.)
- CSTA Source. "An Online Repository of K-12 Computer Science Teaching and Learning Materials." From the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA).
- MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching).
- JorumOpen. Open educational resources from the UK.
- SOL*R (Sharable Online Learning Resources. "A Repository of Freely Available Online Learning Resources." "For British Columbia public post-secondary educators."
- OnePetro. Run by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) on behalf of a consortium of petroleum research organizations. Launched in March 2007.
- GreenFILE. From EBSCO. Some texts are scholarly and some are not. Some are just OA abstracts and some are OA full-texts.
German Literature and Language
- ReliefWeb. From the United Nations.
Humanities in general
- Also see the list of law-related repositories from Robert Richards.
- Also see SSRN under Social sciences, below.
- Bepress Legal Repository. Submissions in English and other languages for individual scholars through Selected Works
Library and information science
- ALPS Link Community Portal. Shareable library instructional materials. Based in British Columbia, Canada.
- DList. English.
- E-LIS. All languages. Abstracts in English.
- LDL: Librarians' Digital Library. Exclusive Open Access Repository on LIS. English and Indic Scripts. DRTC, Bangalore, India
- ACL Anthology. English. "A Digital Archive of Research Papers in Computational Linguistics" from the Association for Computational Linguistics.
- CogPrints. English.
- LingBuzz. English
- Also see classics.
- Aquatic Commons. The fresh- and brackish-water counterpart to OceanDocs, below. (From the same agencies?)
- Avano. Harvesting many marine science repositories for OAI-based cross-archive searching. From L'Ifremer (Institut français de recherche pour l'exploitation de la mer, or the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea).
- Archimer (Archive Institutionnelle de l'Ifremer). From L'Ifremer (Institut français de recherche pour l'exploitation de la mer, or the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea).
- Central and Eastern European Marine Repository (CEEMAR). From the Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas (IBSS). Deposits limited to those from scientists in European Countries in Economic Transition (ECET).
- Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas E-Repository. From the Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas (IBSS) of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- OceanDocs. From Hasselt University, the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the UN's Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commssion / International Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange (IOC/IODE). The salt water counterpart to the Aquatic Commons, above.
- Also see computer science.
- Also see the AMS Directory of Mathematics Preprint and e-Print Servers.
- Arxiv. Fields: Physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, and statistics.
- Also see biology / life sciences.
- e-ms, Eprints Open Archive in Social Medicine and related fields. All languages. Field: Social medicine and related fields.
- OpenMED@NIC. All languages (non-English documents must have metadata, abstract and keywords in English). Fields: "Medical and Allied Sciences including Bio-Medical, Medical Informatics, Dental, Nursing and Pharmaceutical Sciences".
- MetRep. From JISC's Overlay journal infrastructure for Meteorological Sciences (OJIMS) project. The repository is forthcoming.
- Also see Humanities; Social Sciences.
- HAL. From France's Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS). (HAL = Hyper Articles en Ligne, Hyper Article on Line.)
- Iniciativa Metabiblioteca Biblioteca Digital de Libros de Acceso Abierto.
- IssueLab. For research by non-profit organizations, in any field.
- OpenSIGLE (Open System for Information on Grey Literature in Europe). From Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique. (INIST). Some contents are just bibliographic citations, and some (about 200 conference preprints on grey literature) are full texts.
- Polish Digital Library Federation Polish Network of digital libraries, open content from all fields.
- For logic, see Mathematics.
- Ethics in Science and Engineering National Clearinghouse (ESENCe). "A digital repository of materials on ethics and the responsible and ethical conduct of research in science and engineering, including the social sciences." Hosted by the U of Massachusetts Amherst.
- PhilPapers. From David Chalmers and David Bourget.
- PhilSci Archive. All languages. Field: Philosophy of science. From the Center for Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Sammelpunkt. Elektronisch archivierte Theorie. German, English, etc.
- Arxiv - Policy: all languages. Fields: Physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, and statistics.
- CERN Document Server. English. Field: particle physics.
- InterNano. For "resources about the advances in applications, devices, metrology, and materials that will facilitate the commercial development and/or marketable application of nanotechnology." From the National Nanomanufacturing Network.
- Magnetic Resonance Online Texts. From Stanislav Sykora.
- eDoc.ViFaPol. An OA section within ViFaPol (Virtuelle Fachbibliothek Politikwissenschaft). Mostly German. Mostly only for institutions not for single scholars.
- HTP Prints. Fields: history and theory of psychology. Languages: all languages
- PsyDok. German and English
Public policy research
- Archive of European Integration. All languages.
- SavifaDok. English, German etc. Focusing on South Asian Studies.
Social sciences in general
- Digital Repositories E-Science Network (DReSNeT). From the UK Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). A network of social science repositories for texts and data.
- Digital Repository of the Institute for Population and Social Research. From the Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Refugee Research Network. Hosted by York University.
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN). English.
- Social Science Open Access Repository (SSOAR). Limited to German authors publishing in German and other languages.