From Open Access Directory
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a section within the larger list of OA-related Events:
- Chronological order.
- For real-time updates, some not yet reflected here, follow the oa.events tag of the Open Access Tracking Project.
- Making the Most of Humanities Commons. January 2, 2018.
- Citizen Science and Open Science - Synergies and Instruments. Brussels, Belgium, January 3, 2018.
- Faculty Open Access Policy Drop In. Indiana University, January 9, 2018.
- Open Access Publishing/Creative Commons/eScholarship Workshop. University of California, Merced, January 10, 2018.
- OER Mini-Grant Program Webinar. Online, January 10 - 12, 2018.
- Wikipedia:Meetup/Black Lunch Table. Triangle Arts Association, New York City, January 11, 2018.
- Open Access in Practice. University of Malta, January 12, 2018.
- TU Delft Open Science Symposium. Delft, Netherlands, January 12, 2018.
- Talk by Dr. Ruben Aslan. Kobenhavns Universitet, January 15, 2018.
- Open Knowledge Edinburgh Meet-up. Edinburgh, Scotland, January 15, 2018.
- Open Education for a better world. Online course. January 15 to July 7, 2018.
- OER-Tage 2018. Dresden, Germany, January 15 - 18, 2018.
- UCL Press- Open Access Megajournal platform launch. London, UK, January 16, 2018.
- Academic Publishing in Europe (APE 2018). Berlin, Germany, January 16 - 17, 2018.
- ScholComm 2018. University of Maine, USA, January 17, 2018.
- DataFest, Harvard University, USA, January 17-18, 2018.
- Open science meet-up by Pluto. Seoul, South Korea, January 17, 2018.
- OpenAIRE-Advance Kick Off. Athens, Greece, January 17-19, 2018.
- Research Data Management for All?. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, UK, January 18, 2018.
- Building your own course with Open Educational Resources. Online, January 18, 2018.
- Open Textbook Workshop. Virginia Commonwealth University. Richmond, Virginia, January 19, 2018.
- Leading Ladies: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon. Auckland, New Zealand, January 21, 2018.
- Open Access-Regelung des SNF (info session). ETH Hönggerberg, Switzerland, January 22, 2018.
- Cataloguing Open Access Classics Serials. Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany, January 22, 2018.
- 7es Journées Science Ouverte Couperin. Paris, France, January 22 - 24, 2018.
- Journées sur l’éducation ouverte et le numérique. Université Cadi Ayyad, Marrakesh, Morocco, January 22-24, 2018.
- Open Education that Opens a Door to the Library. University of North Carolina, January 25, 2018.
- Putting the EOSC vision into practice. Porto, Portugal, January 23 - 25, 2018.
- HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC) UnCamp 2018. University of California, January 25 - 26, 2018.
- Open access scholarship at the CRBLM: increasing and demonstrating impact. McGill University, January 26, 2018.
- Open Food Data Hackdays. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, January 27 - 28, 2018.
- Wikidata Edit-a-thon. Buea, Cameroon, January 27 - February 17, 2018.
- ICOERP 2018: 20th International Conference on Open Educational Resources and Practices. Sydney, Australia, January 29 - 30, 2018.
- Open Science: A New Genealogy. Toronto, Canada, January 31, 2018.
- Copyright and Fair Use. Northeastern University, Boston, Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- Webinar zu Open Access. Online, January 31, 2018.
- Open Science for Health: Shaping the New Framework Programme. Brussels, Belgium, January 31, 2018.
- Ethical aspects of Open Access: A Windy Road. Brussels, Belgium, February 1, 2018.
- Using the Institutional Repository to Preserve, Share and Promote Your Scholarly and Creative Work. University of Alabama, February 1, 2018.
- Introduction to Open Research (for PhD students in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences). University of Cambridge, UK, February 1, 2018.
- Trends in Scholarship & Research. Texas State University, February 1, 2018.
- Austrian Citizen Science Conference. Salzburg, Austria, February 1 - 3, 2018.
- Practical OER: State University of New York Librarians Association Midwinter Virtual Conference. New York, February 2, 2018.
- OpenCon New Delhi. Acharya Narendra Dev College, February 3, 2018.
- Showcasing your Graduate Research in UBC's Open Access Digital Repository: Help with Copyright and More. University of British Columbia, February 6, 2018.
- The turning tide: A new culture of responsible metrics for research. London, UK, February 8, 2018.
- HackaLOD. Amsterdam, Netherlands, February 9-10, 2018.
- Mark Hahnel & Daniel Hook on startups in the Open Science space. Bucharest, Romania, February 12, 2018.
- FOSTER Book Sprint. Hannover, Germany, February 12 - 16, 2018.
- Workshop: The adoption accelerator for reuse of open educational material. Office SURF, Utrecht. February 13, 2018.
- Building and integrating open educational resources to support your teaching and learning. Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, February 13, 2018.
- Open Access Anniversary Event. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. February 13, 2018.
- Sharing Policies: IR's, Author's Manuscript vs PrePrint vs Version of Record. Society for Scholarly Publishing, online, February 13, 2018.
- University Press Redux Conference 2018. London, UK, February 13 - 14, 2018.
- EMBL-EBI workshop: European Variation Archive. University of Cambridge, February 15, 2018.
- Reproducible Research, Open Science & Digital Scholarship: Learn to Write Scientific Paper of the Future. University of Southern California, February 15, 2018.
- Digital Scholarship Colloquium. Florida State University, Tallahassee, February 15, 2018.
- Open Food Hackdays. Markthalle, Basel, Switzerland, February 16-17, 2018.
- LOVE OER Month. Southeast Missouri State University, USA, February 16-28, 2018.
- Publish Digital Books and Open Educational Resources with Pressbooks. University of California, February 20, 2018.
- Wikipedia/Women in Medicine editathon. University of Edinburgh, UK, February 22 2018.
- Making cultural heritage digitally accessible. Paris. February 25 to March 3rd, 2018.
- Researcher to Reader Conference. London, UK, February 26 - 27, 2018.
- IPR, Data management and Open-Access plans for your EU-funded project. Madrid, Spain, February 27, 2018.
- Open Data Day Maceió. Estácio de Alagoas, Maceió, Brazil, March 2-3, 2018.
- Open Data Day. March 3, 2018.
- Open Data Day. Brasilia and Salvador, Brazil, March 3, 2018.
- День открытых данных (Open Data Day). центр «Благосфера» (Center Blagosfera), Moscow, Russia, March 3-4, 2018.
- From Stumbling Blocks to Building Blocks: Scholarly Communication Essentials. Austin, Texas, March 4, 2018.
- NARMAs varkonferanse 2018 - Open Science. Lillestrom, Norway, March 6 - 7, 2018.
- DHN 2018. University of Helsinki, Finland, March 7 - 9, 2018.
- Driving Student Success through Affordable Course Material Symposium. Indiana University Bloomington, USA, March 8, 2018.
- Quality and Affordability in Education conference. Gordon State College, Barnesville, Georgia, USA, March 8-9, 2018.
- Open Data, ouverture des donnes publiques. Poitiers, France, March 16, 2018.
- International Symposium on Grids and Clouds. Taipei, Taiwan, March 16 - 23, 2018.
- Grand Challenges in Information Science and Scholarly Communication. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, March 19 - 23, 2018.
- Open Research Knowledge Graph workshop. TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, Hanover, Germany, March 20, 2018.
- Open Data & m-Government Masterclass. Dubai, UAE, March 21, 2018.
- RDAP Summit 2018. Chicago, Illinois, March 21 - 23, 2018.
- iConference 2018. Sheffield, England, March 25 - 28, 2018.
- Open Research: Rethinking Scientific Collaboration. Waterloo, Canada, March 26, 2018.
- OER FAQ: Repurposing Library DIY. Portland State University, Oregon, USA, March 30, 2018.
- OER18. Location and dates to follow.
- Open data science tools and the Ocean Health Index. Moss Landing Marine Labs, California State Universities, USA, April 5, 2018.
- OpenStax Creator Fest. Houston, Texas, April 5-6, 2018.
- iMooX Online-Kurs zu Open Educational Resources. Austria, begins April 9, 2018.
- Creative Commons Global Summit. Toronto, Canada, April 13 - 15, 2018.
- Africa Open Science Hardware Summit. Kumasi, Ghana, April 13 - 15, 2018.
- Open Science Trainer Bootcamp. Barcelona, Spain, April 18 - 20, 2018.
- Semantics, Analytics, Visualisation: Enhancing Scholarly Dissemination (SAVE-SD 2018). Lyon, France, April 24, 2018.
- OE Global Conference 2018. Delft, Netherlands, April 24 - 26, 2018.
- Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference. University of Southern Mississippi, April 26 - 27, 2018.
- Open Knowledge Summit. Thessaloniki, Greece, May 3 - 6, 2018.
- Owned by the Academy: A Preconference on Open Source Publishing Software. University of Minnesota, May 21, 2018.
- LPForum 2018. Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 21 - 23, 2018.
- 4th IAALD Africa Conference. Pretoria, South Africa, May 30 - June 1, 2018.
- Open Scholarly Communication in Europe. Addressing the Coordination Problem. Athens, Greece, May 31 - June 1, 2018.
- Conference : Open Access in Caribbean Libraries, Archives and Museums: Opportunities, Challenges and Future Directions. Dominican Republic. June 3-7, 2018.
- European Citizen Science Association (ECSA) Conference. Geneva, Switzerland, June 3 - 5, 2018.
- Open Repositories 2018. Montana State University, June 4 - 7, 2018.
- Global Water Futures annual general meeting. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada, June 4-6, 2018.
- Transforming the Information Community, NASIG Annual Conference. Atlanta, Georgia, June 8 - 11, 2018.
- Throw Open Our Doors: Academic Librarians Open to New Experiences, Opinions, and Viewpoints. Finger Lakes Community College, June 13 - 15, 2018.
- ELPUB 2018. Toronto. June 22 to 24, 2017.
- American Library Association 2018 Annual Conference, Implementing Linked Open Data in the Real World session. New Orleans, USA, June 23, 2018.
- Lille 2018–47th LIBER Annual Conference (Research Libraries as an Open Science Hub: from Strategy to Action). University of Lille, France. July 4-6, 2018.
- European Open Science Forum. Toulouse, France, July 9 - 14, 2018.
- ESOCITE 2018. Santiago, Chile, July 18 - 20, 2018.
- 14th International Symposium on Open Collaboration (OpenSym 2018). Paris, France, August 22 - 24, 2018.
- IFLA session Empowering Scholarly Communication Transforms Societies. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 24-30, 2018.
- Digital Research in the Humanities & Arts (DRHA). Valletta, Malta, September 9 - 12, 2018.
- Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing (COASP). University of Vienna, September 17 - 19, 2018.
- 5th International Open Data Conference. Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 20 - 21, 2018.
- Conference on Scholarly Publishing in the Context of Open Science (PUBMET 2018). Zadar, Croatia, September 20 - 21, 2018.
- 12. Open-Access-Tage. Graz, Austria, September 24 - 26, 2018
- Triangle Scholarly Communication Institute. Chapel Hill, North Carolina, October 7 - 11, 2018.
- Open Science Conference 2018. Berlin, Germany, October 13 - 14, 2018.
- Second UN World Data Forum. Dubai. October 22-24, 2018.
- British Psychological Society Annual Conference 2018 - Moving Psychology Forward. University of Nottingham, May 2 - 4, 2018.