Revision as of 20:22, 6 April 2012 by Petersuber
This list is part of the Open Access Directory.
- This is a section within the larger list of OA-related Events.
- Chronological order.
- Integrating Fedora with DuraCloud. Online, January 11, 2012.
- Open Access: The New Future of Academic Publishing? London, January 12, 2012.
- Sloan Summit II: Open Access – Mission and Mandate. Boston, January 12-13, 2012. (Looking for a better URL.)
- Scholarly Communication: From Understanding to Engagement. OA is among the topics. Dallas, January 20, 2012.
- Getting the rights right for the future of scholarly communication. The SPARC-ARL Forum at the ALA meeting. Dallas, January 21, 2012.
- Open content licensing for educators. Online, January 23, 2012.
- How to make your Repository OpenAIRE compliant. Online, January 23 and 24, 2012.
- Academic Publishing in Europe 7. OA is among the topics. Berlin, January 24-25, 2012.
- OA Advocacy: How students, student organizations and student governments can get involved. Online, January 31, 2012.
- How embedded and integrated is your repository? Nottingham, February 10, 2012.
- NEW Gene Patents: Advancing Medicine or Capturing Humanity? New Haven, February 14, 2012.
- Mendeley Case Study: How The World's Largest Crowdsourced Academic Database Is Changing Academic Publishing. A public talk by Jan Reichelt. New York, February 15, 2012.
- Open Access: A New Era in Publishing. San Francisco, February 22, 2012.
- How the Web is Changing the Way Science Is Communicated, Taught and Done. A public talk by Bora Zivkovic. Charlotte, North Carolina, February 23, 2012.
- Using new tools to communicate research. Online, February 24, 2012.
- Publishing & accessing archaeological knowledge. Sponsored by the Council for British Archaeology. London, February 27, 2012.
- Protests, Petitions and Publishing: Widening Access to Research in 2012. New York, February 28, 2012.
- The Scientific Evolution: Open Science and the Future of Publishing. Oxford, February 29, 2012.
- NEW Open Access in Kyrgyzstan: The Contribution of Libraries. Bishkek, March 2, 2012.
- Launch workshop for DataFlow and VIDaaS. Oxford, March 2, 2012.
- NEW Building the Digital Public Library of America. Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 2, 2012.
- Open Education Week. Worldwide, March 5-10, 2012.
- NEW Open Education is niet te stoppen. Delft, March 7, 2012.
- Web 2.0, Creative Commons Licenses and orphan works. Online, March 9, 2012.
- The SPARC 2012 Open Access Meeting. Kansas City, March 11-13, 2012.
- NEW Web Science and Open Data Workshop. Southampton, March 12, 2012. (Looking for a better URL.)
- NEW Digital Public Library of America Financial/Business Models Workshop. Ann Arbor, March 13, 2012.
- NEW Open Data Hackathon. Graz, March 16, 2012.
- NEW What can 21st century open government learn from open source, open data, open innovation and open journalism? Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 20, 2012.
- NEW Panel on Information Access & Freedom in the Digital Age. Berkeley, March 20, 2012.
- NEW Legal Aspects of Public Sector Information (LAPSI) 6th Thematic seminar & 3rd Internal Conference. Budapest, March 22-23, 2012.
- NEW Scientific Publishing Made Easy. OA is among the topics. A public talk by Jace Harker. New York, March 23, 2012.
- NEW Advocacy on implementing funders' mandates. Online, March 27, 2012.
- NEW Standards & Strategies for Fair Use Decisions inside Libraries & Universities. New York, March 27, 2012.
- NEW Open access, services, interdisciplinarité et expertise (OASIE). Paris, March 28, 2012.
- NEW Can Open Access publishing provide Healthcare Information For All by 2015? Sponsored by PLoS and HIFA2015. Online, March 28, 2012.
- NEW Reykjavík Digital Freedoms Conference. OA is among the topics. Reykjavík, March 29, 2012.
- NEW Federally Funded Research: Examining Public Access and Scholarly Publication Interests. A hearing before the House Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight. Washington DC, March 29, 2012.
- NEW From Here to Open Access: Ways to Get It Done. Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 30, 2012.
- NEW Open Data for Open Science 2012: Developers' Training for Environmental Research. Redmond, April 4-6, 2012.
- NEW Public Access to Federally Funded Research: Copyright and Other Issues. Cambridge, Massachusetts, April 9, 2012.
- NEW Building New Measures for Impact: Article Level Metrics. Sponsored by SPARC, hosted by Peter Binfield. Online, April 10, 2012.
- NEW Hewlett OER Grantees Meeting 2012. Cambridge, Massachusetts, April 10-12, 2012.
- NEW Heading towards Horizon 2020: Open Infrastructures for Open Science Workshop. Rome, April 11-12, 2012. (Looking for a better URL.)
- Orphan Works & Mass Digitization: Obstacles and Opportunities. Berkeley, April 12-13, 2012.
- III Międzynarodowa Konferencja Open Access w Polsce. Toruń, Poland, April 13-14, 2012.
- NEW Copyright and Fair Use in the Digital Age. April 16 (Chicago) and 17 (Champaigne), 2012.
- NEW Academic Publishing: Changes and Challenges. OA is among the topics. Hattiesburg, Mississippi, April 20, 2012. (Looking for a better URL.)
- 10th International Bielefeld Conference. OA is among the topics. Bielefeld, April 24-26, 2012.
- WSIS Forum 2012. Geneva, May 14-18, 2012.
- Fifth Belgrade International Open Access Conference 2012. Belgrade, May 18-19, 2012.
- 2012 University of North Texas Symposium on Open Access. Denton, Texas, May 21, 2012.
- NEW PEER End of Project Conference. Brussels, May 29, 2012.
- NEW Scholarly Communications: new developments in open access. London, June 1, 2012.
- #preserving #linking #using #sharing. 12th ACM/IEEE-Computer Society Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2012). Washington DC, June 10-14, 2012.
- Structural Frameworks for Open, Digital Research - Strategy, Policy & Infrastructure. Copenhagen, June 11-13, 2012.
- Social Shaping of Digital Publishing: Exploring the interplay between Culture and Technology. OA is among the topics. 16th International Conference on Electronic Publishing. Guimarães, Portugal, June 14-15, 2012.
- NEW Rio+20: UN Conference on Sustainable Development. OA is among the topics. Rio de Janeiro, June 20-22, 2012.
- Wikipedia Academy: Research and Free Knowledge. Berlin, June 29 - July 1, 2012.
- Open Science Resources Summer School. Heraklion, Greece, July 1-6, 2012.
- Open Legislative Data in Paris: A Conference of the Third Kind with Hacktivists and Academics. Paris, July 6-7, 2012.
- NEW Beyond Open Access: Open Education, Open Data and Open Knowledge. Barcelona, July 8-13, 2012.
- Open Services for Open Content: Local In for Global Out. OR2012: 7th International Conference on Open Repositories. Edinburgh, July 9-13, 2012.
- International Conference on Trends in Knowledge and Information Dynamics. OA is among the topics. Bangalore, July 10-13, 2012.
- NEW New-Model Scholarly Communication: Road Map for Change. Charlottesville, Virginia, July 13-15, 2011.
- World Library and Information Congress : 78th IFLA General Conference and Assembly. OA is among the topics. Helsinki, August 11-17, 2012.
- NEW Fisheries Networks: Building Ecological, Social, and Professional Relationships. OA is among the topics. Minneapolis, August 19-23, 2012.
- NEW The 1st Global Thematic IASC Conference on the Knowledge Commons. Sponsored by the International Association for the Study of the Commons. Louvain-la-Neuve, September 12-14, 2012.
- 15th International Symposium on Electronic Thesesa and Dissertations. ETD 2012. OA is among the topics. Lima, Peru, September 12-14, 2012.
- Open Knowledge Festival. Helsinki, September 17-22, 2012.
- NEW Open Education 2012. Vancouver, October 16-18, 2012.
- NEW Open Data and Information for a Changing Planet. 23rd International CODATA Conference. Taipei, October 28-31, 2012.
- WissKom2012: Vernetztes Wissen – Daten, Menschen, Systeme. OA is among the topics. Jülich, November 5-7, 2012.
- Open Access Empowers. Berlin 10 Open Access Conference. Stellenbosch, South Africa, November 6-8, 2012.